Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some point in the next 4-5 months I will be selling my '13 ST3 and am not sure what's up next. I love my ST but I don't think I'm buying another one. Next vehicle is going to be AWD and I would like for it to be a bit more comfortable and quiet. Target car will be in the same ballpark in terms of power and handling. The problem is the ST spoiled me with power. I still don't like the look of the WRX inside and out, not to mention the sudden insurance premium inflation. The problem is it's hard to go nicer and stay in this performance level & AWD without spending a ton more cash. Like most ST owners I was excited for the RS but the Price really put me off. My local dealers are selling them at 42.5K.
Right now the A3 Quattro or lightly used A4 is at the head of the list but am not in love with it. I'd be losing the hatch and manual trans and some engine power but damn, what a great interior.
Anyone else having a similar debate in their head after the ST?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am thinking of selling my 14 next year just because I need a bit more room since my 6 year old is in a booster seat and her legs have no room. I am toying with the idea of going with a Fusion Sport but I am trying to research them a bit before I jump into one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking of selling my 14 next year just because I need a bit more room since my 6 year old is in a booster seat and her legs have no room. I am toying with the idea of going with a Fusion Sport but I am trying to research them a bit before I jump into one.
That's is worth looking into. I have to admit, I hadn't even looked at one or known it was really any different than a base fusion.

·
Registered
744 Posts
AWD isn't that big of a deal for me personally. My next car after the ST (approx. two more years) will either be a used Chevy SS or a 2016+ CTS-V. I need a V8 back in my life.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aw heck, what's spending a little money gonna hurt? Get an Audi rs3.
I am using this time to also keep eyes open for an S3 (lightly used), otherwise it's hard to justify the cost as much as I'd love to. If I didn't do so many miles each year I'd 100% jump at one.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have about 4 years before I get rid of mine - need the 4 doors that much longer. I'll go back to a street Mustang.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like you want a Golf R.

I would highly consider the S3 unless you really want a hatchback. Golf R is great but it is so understated in design and I don't really like the interior layout.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wouldn't mind the understated looks of the Golf R. Not sure I feel confident diving in to the world of German cars though. Nice refined quality and luxury but no matter how pretty she is, someone is probably putting up with her crap after the warranty period or honeymoon phase is up and it's just arguments and fighting over petty things.

I've driven a lot of the current line up of American V8 cars minus the Chevy SS since I don't think we can even get them here in Canada. Mopar is nice and all but I don't agree with their weight, size, athletic ability outside the straight line, etc. I'd consider a 300 or Jeep GC SRT over a Charger or Challenger.

Shelby GT350 if the used market for them makes sense to me in 5 years ranks #1 on my list for next car.

Then there's GM. Buick Regal GS Turbo AWD that comes with the Brembo brakes is really cool to look into for a DD that will surprise a lot of cars. The Alpha platform car (Camaro SS, ATS-V) as well. And the obvious Corvette.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Considering it, but (puts up flame shield) I think they're as ugly as heck. Do VW dealers move prices on these or is it MSRP or MSRP+markup like the RS?
Yes they do and the car is nice as hell. Kicked around the idea of making a deal on this one Memorial Day. Got some #'s and was surprised they would deal on it.

IMG_20170529_184518.jpg
IMG_20170529_184503.jpg

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I honestly would love a Golf R or a GTI, but I have this major distrust with VW. Mainly because every single person I have ever known to own a VW ended up hating them. In all honestly they were mostly Jetta, Passat, Beetle, and Golf owners.

·
Registered
311 Posts
VW dealers will deal on the GTI, just looked at my closest dealer in San Antonio and they are knocking off $2,500 to $3,250 off the MSRP, and that is the price posted on their website, you can probably do better when you are ready to buy. Looked hard at the GTI but I just had a hard time overcoming the VW reliability and the old saying 'never own a German car outside of the warranty period'. And it is harder to find a fully equipped GTI with a manual transmission, they seem to want to sell them with the DSG transmission. I hold my cars 8 to 10 years so this scared me off, so far the Focus ST has been fine, no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
475 Posts
AWD isn't that big of a deal for me personally. My next car after the ST (approx. two more years) will either be a used Chevy SS or a 2016+ CTS-V. I need a V8 back in my life.
The CTS-V has been a dream car of mine for quite some time. When my ship comes in that will be the car for me. I just hope I'm not at the bus station :haha:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Next car will probably be a Civic Type R for me. My 07' Civic never did me wrong even until the day I sold it a couple months ago. I was the original owner. The focus was a headache from the first day with the stalling and harness issues but now it's under control.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts