Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 884 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had a 2003 WRX with a VF48, EWG, E85, the works and it pulled SUPER hard. Dyno said 320 @ the wheels but the thing pulled like it had more. Took down some formidable cars with that setup. If you can make this work I think you will have a winner! Looking forward to watching this project unfold

·
Registered
167 Posts
Very interested to see how this turns out. I have a VF43 sitting in my garage that is collecting dust.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
IHI VF-series powered ST

Very interested to see how this turns out. I have a VF43 sitting in my garage that is collecting dust.
I won't be running this turbo for too long. The way I see it this will be my gateway drug to the Tomei Arms and a potential 2.5 block swap if it will work :wink:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
In for details and results. Sounds like a pretty awesome idea!
I can't remember if it's the IHI or the MHI turbos that have a pin locator on the housings. Whichever one it is, needs drilled out to be able to clock the housings. It's easy to do, just a heads up.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
In for details and results. Sounds like a pretty awesome idea!
I can't remember if it's the IHI or the MHI turbos that have a pin locator on the housings. Whichever one it is, needs drilled out to be able to clock the housings. It's easy to do, just a heads up.
thanks for that! I was already prepared to have to rotate one of the housings.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Okay here are the bits that will make this all come together. the rest is just a matter of measuring hoses and getting the proper fittings.

BTW Cobb just released the AP for the 2015 STI. what does that mean? It means a 400whp 2015 STI will be sitting in our garage :wink: :crazy:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Okay here are the bits that will make this all come together. the rest is just a matter of measuring hoses and getting the proper fittings.

BTW Cobb just released the AP for the 2015 STI. what does that mean? It means a 400whp 2015 STI will be sitting in our garage :wink: :crazy:
What am I looking at? A separate dump tube for the internal wastegate or a IWG delete and going EWG?

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sorry I haven't been on recently, this is in the works. I found a local shop that has a vf48 laying around and they are gonna start with fabbing against a spare K03

21 - 40 of 884 Posts