Ford Focus ST Forum banner

361 - 380 of 884 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
not much to show. there is a blue and red wire on the oem harness that you split and solder in brown and white wires from the HFS4 ECU harness. You can find the blue and red wire in the harness on top of the valve cover(largest looming, just split it open and dig around).

Did you get the IM?
Oh very cool, and that triggers your ewg to just dump all boost? And not sure haven't talked to my room mate and I'm a fireman so I work 24 hour shifts so I'll see tomorrow morning.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Oh very cool, and that triggers your ewg to just dump all boost? And not sure haven't talked to my room mate and I'm a fireman so I work 24 hour shifts so I'll see tomorrow morning.
no it dumps partial boost but it still will save the engine by cutting the power back.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very clean install. Looks fantastic! :banana: wooooot!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Maybe it's just the angle, but that screamer looks awfully close to the axle. You don't think the two will have contact issues as the motor moves under load?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Maybe it's just the angle, but that screamer looks awfully close to the axle. You don't think the two will have contact issues as the motor moves under load?
The first part of the axle is a straight shaft coming out of the transmission. It's about 2 or so feet long, and then has a bearing which is mounted to the engine. You then have the inner CV joint, another foot or so of shaft, and then the outer CV which inserts into the wheel hub.

Short answer: the part of the axle that he is working around moves with the engine.

·
Vendor
1,840 Posts
Did the heat wrap come with the kit or is that something you picked up extra?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Got everything bolted up and tightened only to find out that I left the EFFING valve seat out of the MVS. FML

Good thing I won't be tuning until after the weekend.
Thanks for the reminder. I've got mine sitting around here somewhere... hope I didn't lose it.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Did the heat wrap come with the kit or is that something you picked up extra?
Grabbed it at O'Reilys. That was the first time I ever wrapped something. It came out so nice I think I am going to wrap the intake pipe and the cold side pipe for fun.
@[email protected]

I will say that I would gladly pay a bit extra to have everything prewrapped. Perhaps this is something you guys can offer?

·
Registered
521 Posts
There's not a doubt in my mind that this is one of(if not THE) best setup ST out there. I can't wait to see some numbers out of it.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #377

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
In-laws are over loving the baby.

installed the valve seat on the EWG. Tightened all of the coolant and oil lines.

Gotta cut my exhaust due to a botched TR3 downpipe. The JDL will bolt straight up to an OE exhaust location(not an OE exhaust. If you go big turbo and still have oe exhaust....smh) Then put the car back together.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #380 (Edited)
361 - 380 of 884 Posts