Ford Focus ST Forum banner

241 - 260 of 884 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think some would care about the ability of taking down the baddest muscle car to ever be built,to do it with a 4 banger is even more satisfying:)
Just a gut feeling,but i think anything above 450whp will need better rods and pistons than what came in the motor from ford.
I am not brand loyal, nor a nut swinger, but setting your sights on the Hellcat is definitely a long shot. No matter the HP, they have that heavy hunk of metal coming out of the hole harder than I ever thought it would. The 0-60 is one thing, but this car traps 125 MPH, that means it's pulling hard, real hard. The ST traps in the mid 90s or so, 30mph is a lot to make up.

A pulley and tune can probably put the Hellcats at over 700rwhp.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I am not brand loyal, nor a nut swinger, but setting your sights on the Hellcat is definitely a long shot. No matter the HP, they have that heavy hunk of metal coming out of the hole harder than I ever thought it would. The 0-60 is one thing, but this car traps 125 MPH, that means it's pulling hard, real hard. The ST traps in the mid 90s or so, 30mph is a lot to make up.

A pulley and tune can probably put the Hellcats at over 700rwhp.
I think if one is going to setup there st with a 3076 turbo which could produce 450whp,then discussing about it's ability vs the hellcat is fair game.
If matt can get 12.4 @119 on street tires with 400whp,then it seems logical adding another 50whp could put the st in the stock hellcat 1/4 mile range.Actually the 125 mph trap the hellcat does is not that great given it's hp,weight really hurts it's true potential.
My 03 cobra with no weight reduction weighed 680lbs less,had 457rwhp and 500rwtq,it went [email protected] on a crappy 1.89 60ft.
Not trying to derail the op thread,but placing the hellcat into the conversation of a big 3076 turbo setup that could net some 11 sec passes is a neat conversation:)

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
I think if one is going to setup there st with a 3076 turbo which could produce 450whp,then discussing about it's ability vs the hellcat is fair game.
If matt can get 12.4 @119 on street tires with 400whp,then it seems logical adding another 50whp could put the st in the stock hellcat 1/4 mile range.Actually the 125 mph trap the hellcat does is not that great given it's hp,weight really hurts it's true potential.
My 03 cobra with no weight reduction weighed 680lbs less,had 457rwhp and 500rwtq,it went [email protected] on a crappy 1.89 60ft.
Not trying to derail the op thread,but placing the hellcat into the conversation of a big 3076 turbo setup that could net some 11 sec passes is a neat conversation:)
I honestly just want to trounce the new vette and GT500's. I think the srt8's will still be too heavy for their own good. In regards to the hellcat, I have a better chance of running a GTR or Porsche 911GT3 than actually knowing if an SRT8 is a hellcat

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Also this just came in. My wife sent me these pics since I'm in Louisiana headed back to houston. If I don't work tomorrow then the install will happen in the morning

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Ooooo

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
I'm off for tomorrow so I'll be doing the brakes in the morning. After the install I'm going to a machine shop near me to get the spacer setup for the injectors and if they can finish it the same day I'll do the w/m install if the distribution block comes in.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I would be more impressed if the ST goes up against a GTR or Porsche Turbo and competes with it, or vs a 600cc bike, or maybe an equally powerful mazdaspeed3, as opposed to a hellcat..

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would be more impressed if the ST goes up against a GTR or Porsche Turbo and competes with it, or vs a 600cc bike, or maybe an equally powerful mazdaspeed3, as opposed to a hellcat..
Agreed. Hellcat is mostly unjustified hype. I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming GT350 posts fairly close times with that flat plane crank. If it makes ~550hp, those higher revs and a wider power band could put it close to a Hellcat on a drag strip and possibly dead even on a track.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
So some things that have happened over the last few days:

Dropped off the Steeda IM spacer to get drilled and tapped for the Aquamist injectors. I was told it was gonna be Moday or Tuesday before it was done.

ANNNNNNNNNND

TURBO KIT IS DONE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JDL is doing a final once over before they ship it out to me. This will likely happen Monday so that means end of the week or Monday the following week for reciept

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Pic of kit or it didn't happen

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
The place I am going to be doing my Dyno runs is Kozmic motorsports here in Houston. Their dyno is not known for magical numbers. here are two examples:

KOZMIC Tuned GTX3582r 08 Evo X MR - evolutionm.net

when we had the 2015 STI we pulled 249awhp in 95* weather.

I will get a base line on current mods the day before the install begins.
If your going to take the car in, take mine in too.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Its tomorrow, where are thou pics

·
Registered
978 Posts
I hope the reason we dont have pics is because youre out beating gtr's.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
:whs:

241 - 260 of 884 Posts