Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm sure there's a topic of info on their tune specifically but as I went through some posts I was still left with some questions.

Is there anyone running a stage 2 (FMIC only w/ Cobb AP) and Ethanol tune? I'm looking to purchase the tune from the website but still not sure when.

There's an option to get a log review for one specific fuel type and being in cali 91 octane is the best I can get. Is this option highly recommended?

another thing was, I daily my car and I enjoy going on drives during the weekend and doing some nice pulls on my car because I mean why not. I am from SoCal and my parents live in NorCal so I go and visit every other weekend, and if I get an E85 tune, can I go back and forth from COBB's OTS Stage 2 91 oct, to Stratified's E85 tune? If so what should I be careful to look for?

Running the E85 tune, what exactly should I be monitoring on my AP? I see people monitor their cylinders 1-3 & that something I'm not too familiar monitoring or what normal numbers they should be.

I have done some reading, research and videos and I'm excited to run the E85 tune, I just don't want to buy the tune and then not know what to really monitor or watch out for.

Thanks for reading the post guys. #Noob
I came from fixing up Honda hatchbacks to an ST and it's a whole new level for me.
Appreciate all the help and tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
The "Stratified flash tunes" thread should answer all of those questions. Even in the last few pages of it. I monitor cylinder 1,2, and 4, because 1 and 4 are the most knock prone. Just watch out for significant negative corrections (1.5-2 is pretty significant). You should be fine switching tunes, just try to run the tank close to empty. Avoid full throttle pulls once you go below 1/4-1/8 tank of gas. Especially with the E85 tune.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "Stratified flash tunes" thread should answer all of those questions. Even in the last few pages of it. I monitor cylinder 1,2, and 4, because 1 and 4 are the most knock prone. Just watch out for significant negative corrections (1.5-2 is pretty significant). You should be fine switching tunes, just try to run the tank close to empty. Avoid full throttle pulls once you go below 1/4-1/8 tank of gas. Especially with the E85 tune.
Appreciate the tips man. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
As someone who only has their first E85 tune iteration back from stratified on my big turbo, I say do it. Ethanol is night and day. You'll be able to switch maps on the fly no problem.

Monitor your knocks. Alex will be good about giving you more direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts