Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I have a 2015 ST and recently had the MP275 fitted. Before going the Mountune route I bought an AP from Stratified which is unused.

I do love the MP275, but can't stop wondering how the Stratified tune would go with the same mods.

Has anyone flashed their MP275 to a 3rd party tuner tune and back again?

What is the process of changing between the two - does the AP3 learn the Mountune tune as the "stock" tune on the AP3 or will it be a 2 handset process?

And will the dealership be able to see this happened if I have to make a Warranty claim?

As you can see, I have more questions than answers so appreciate any advice - I don't want to brick my car because of my own ignorance.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
98 RON is about the same as 93, so in terms of improvement they are going to minor, not worth paying for another gasoline tune.

If ethanol is not near you, then consider water methanol injection and increasing the preload on the stock wastegate. That should give you around a 25-30 hp/tq gain from a combination of increased holding of boost, oxygen content of methanol, cooling effect of water and methanol combined with increased ignition advance.

I gained 10-12 hp from 50/[email protected] on the stock tune. For an more aggressive gasoline tune, you need to run a 500cc nozzle (AEM) as you need more than 250cc but not quite 500 cc, you will take some fuel away from the stock fuel system increasing cooling and octane.

Gained another 15 or so hp from maximizing the preload on the stock wastegate. You get about a 10 degree increase of charge temps which is very minor and more than manageable with intercooler upgrade, my gain was on the stock intercooler.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ignore the previous post, he meant to post that in a different thread.

I think you'll need to uninstall the M-tune handset before you install the AP from Stratified.
I have the same wondering what i. Could expect with Mp275 kit and a stratified tune. Ie Mountune intake and intercooler etc everything else. Stock

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts