Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys need some help I have looked at some of the threads already but still cant find a definite answer I keep doing logs for stratified tuned and sending them the logs and they keep saying my oar is above one I m doing the logs as they said to do it but I cant figure out why I cant get this this damn thing to -1.00 help a brother out the tune I m running is there 93 octane and I get my gas from shell

·
Registered
651 Posts
I tuned on Arco 91 and thats some straight **** gas. Stratified didnt have issues with it.
Just try another gas station and see if its better. Stay away from the mom-n-pop stations at all costs, though. Do you have Chevron? I've had good luck there.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I do have a chevron so should I burn out this shell gas and then try filling at the chevron and see

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lol, where did you hear that? Shell doesn't have terrible 93. Try another gas station, then do pulls on the highway.
Well, I got some in Iowa and gave me negative corrections. I use BP in MN and it is all good. Almost no negative corrections. Numerous discussions on Ecoboost group on Facebook where people have issues with Shell gas.

Don't get me wrong I could have just gotten a bad tank, but the guy is looking for advice. Trying something other than Shell would be my first step.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thnx so I will try another shell first and then after that I will try using a chevron those are the closest stations to me

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
thnx so I will try another shell first and then after that I will try using a chevron those are the closest stations to me
What's your method of getting your OAR to -1? NJ gas is pretty good but I can get my OAR to -1 in about 20 minutes. 5th gear going slightly up hill...throttle and hold at about 4-5 psi a couple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
All the fuel in your area is pretty much the same. There will be different facilities that supply the area but it's the additives that are different. You need to find a high turnover station near a highway or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts