Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just looking for people thoughts on the aggressive throttle map from Stratified. I know its subjective and i know the pro's to having linear map.

I was hoping people can comment on what its like for a daily driver / fast road car. Is it fun or can it catch you out?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,197 Posts
Hi guys,

Just looking for people thoughts on the aggressive throttle map from Stratified. I know its subjective and i know the pro's to having linear map.

I was hoping people can comment on what its like for a daily driver / fast road car. Is it fun or can it catch you out?

Thanks
They aren't messing around when they say its aggressive. It's literally like 40% pedal = 80% throttle or something like that. It ramps up really fast so you need a light, easy going foot to be easy on it and not roast your tires around.

That said...it's fun as hell and addicting. Makes the ST feel like a more powerful beast than it is and you'll WANT to roast tires.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I love it. I can still control the throttle around town like a sane person when I have the family in the car. The car feels lighter out of boost (big turbo) especially during summer with the AC blasting. It ramps up nicely when you do get on it. I like it much more than the linear map that I had for more than a year.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I prefer the linear just because it makes more sense in my head/foot.

but I get what you are saying about it making the car 'seem faster' but I'd rather have more control with my foot.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have the aggressive tune and so far it has been great. It is punchy and does make the car "feel" a tad faster and more responsive. You have to learn the pedal feel and throttle response as it will be different, but it is a lot of fun. I did just order a linear tune as well today though to compare the two since it has been such a long time since I had a linear tune.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cant compare it to the "Linear" map, as I started out with the Aggressive and still use it. I love it. It gives the car exactly what it needs to feel like a little beast. Still very controllable, and I use it as my daily driver. I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply guys, its sound like the aggressive map will be for me. I just want it to feel fast and responsive when i have a bit of clear road, i wont be tracking this car, so as long as its still controllable it sounds like a win

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I absolutely love how it's mapped. It is still 100% controllable in any condition. You just can't be an idiot and smashing the pedal down. you do need to get used to it as it is different, but once you have it for a little bit you get totally used to it. The car can still be driven nice and tame with a controlled foot. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I guess the reason I prefer the linear is I am used to carbed cars with mechanical linkages

1 - 9 of 9 Posts