Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
A week after purchase my brand new Focus ST I noticed something strange with electric I guess. When engine is off, sometimes I can hear strange "beep" from my front speakers, I have recorded it here: https://goo.gl/photos/dQLtJ4aoicnJp1cz7
I didn't recognise any pattern of appearing this issue but it is only while engine is off. I don't know, maybe it is even once per minute.
Once when I was waiting for this "event" I noticed that when sound appeared then gauges on the center glowed, but I am not sure if its connected.

It is Electrical short circuit? (I hope you know what I mean by this translation).

Can anyone help or do you have the same and this is normal behavior? Help :/ Brand new car :/

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I find my car makes a pile of strange sounds when shut off, as what I assume various systems shut down. Nothing like your video though.

Your example does sound like an electrical short but id imagine you would be seeing other symptoms as well.

Are you sure it is coming from the speakers? The sound reminds me of speaker static/feedback you can get when something needs to be grounded better or something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts