Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So probably a stupid question but i never done this before but i want to put a straight pipe exhaust on my 2016 st. Where do i begin?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
This will be totally loud AF and obnoxious.

But if you want to do it, go to local muffler shop, have them remove factory muffler, and make a new back pipe with some fancy chrome tips.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
What would you think something like this will cost?
Prices vary by state, city and mood of shop. A shop in NYC will easily charge 3-5X more than some small town Oklahoma city. Best you can do is get a few quotes and shop around.

But I would STRONGLY recommend you put on some type of muffler.

·
Administrator
11,869 Posts
So probably a stupid question but i never done this before but i want to put a straight pipe exhaust on my 2016 st. Where do i begin?
Any exhaust shop will make one, and it sounds like total ****. Very Honda civic fart can. A friend of mine did it, and I could not distinguish his car from a riced out honda. It was terrible. Smh

If you want max flow though, it's the way to go. Drone will be a factor, so do some research before you commit to this atrocity.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Actually a muffler delete sounds pretty decent on these things since the resonator will stay on. A full straight pipe can be eh but just a delete. I say go for it until you decide what full setup you want

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Find someone local that has it before you do it. You should have a group near you. Maybe cars and coffee? Here in Charlotte I have heard several different exhausts at Cars and Coffee and once I heard just a resonator delete I knew it was what I wanted. But I also heard a muffler AND resonator delete and knew I didn't want that, but that of course is totally up to you, and what you think you can get away with. You might have trouble passing inspection in some states.

·
Registered
395 Posts
First, you sell your ST and buy a 2001 honda civic.

It will sound like complete ass, DO NOT do it.

Reactions: Pantera

·
Registered
51 Posts
or go custom and spend $200 with tips. decide how loud you want it and put the right size magnaflow in place of the resonator and delete the muffler. 4" round and short for loud and 5x8x18 for fairly quiet. if you need quieter than that just add another 4" round magnaflow in place of the muffler. look up magnaflow custom exhaust on here, that's how i made my decision.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
OK, here's the thing (personal opinion warning): 3" cat-backs sound fuzzy and they drone. No crispness to them and they don't add power. Why even go there, other than to say that you spent $800 on your exhaust? Straight-pipe is a mistake and you'll be saving up to fix it (There are exceptions to people that think this. A friend has had this for a couple years and loves it). The perfect solution is either a resonator delete or muffler delete. I did the res del and it's just tolerable for the highway while being crisp around town. It's just fun without bothering me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts