Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is one of those cars, when I meet other ST drivers (including those cute little Fiesta's) there is just this nod of acknowledgement from total strangers. Or a flash of headlights. Or a short parking lot conversation about each other's car. The only other time I experienced this was when I riding motorcycles.

Damn, Tangerine Twins. Yum.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,149 Posts
This is one of those cars, when I meet other ST drivers (including those cute little Fiesta's) there is just this nod of acknowledgement from total strangers. Or a flash of headlights. Or a short parking lot conversation about each other's car. The only other time I experienced this was when I riding motorcycles.

Damn, Tangerine Twins. Yum.
I've had the opposite experience tbh, its always some 55+-year-old pedo-looking guy driving them. You try to acknowledge them they will shout at you lol
or some teenager with his Boomba BOV.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've had the opposite experience tbh, its always some 55+-year-old pedo-looking guy driving them. You try to acknowledge them they will shout at you lol
I don't remember seeing you, but I was busy with the kittens, puppies, and free candy in the hatch.

·
Registered
396 Posts
A couple of weeks ago the wife and I towed the camper from Nashville to Boston (and back). I saw two ST's, an OW and a Race Red, the entire trip. These cars are still pretty rare, and getting more so daily.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Minus the teenager part (though I am a parent of two teenagers) I feel attacked....LMAO

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,155 Posts
I'm only 48, andI know I've got a lot of gray, but my wife thinks it's sexy, so I'm keeping it.

FWIW, the ST drivers around here are typically younger folks... Saw a girl driving one a few weeks ago who may have been 25. Guy the other day I chatted with at a light couldn't have been much over 21. Guy that passed me on the freeway the other day with a PFL car and temp tags was also mid 20s.

I'm just the old fart around here with a car that's apparently too young for me...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm only 48, andI know I've got a lot of gray, but my wife thinks it's sexy, so I'm keeping it.

FWIW, the ST drivers around here are typically younger folks... Saw a girl driving one a few weeks ago who may have been 25. Guy the other day I chatted with at a light couldn't have been much over 21. Guy that passed me on the freeway the other day with a PFL car and temp tags was also mid 20s.

I'm just the old fart around here with a car that's apparently too young for me...
Pfffffbbbbbtttt- whatever man, not too young for us! I was driving hot hatches when these kids were crapping in their hands and rubbing it on their faces! These gen z kids should stick with their Honda Fits and their Suburus with the mountain stickers that hold their $8,000 mountain bikes- quit trying to assimilate my generations cars!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well up in the Northwest corner of WA where I live, there seems to be an influx, both those other ST owners I talked to were new owners like myself, and there was another two for sale in the local car lots- they've been importing them down from Canadian auctions is what I have heard from a local car dealer- I saw a 2016 with 68,000 miles and gobs of mods- pretty terribly done, dude ripped out the active grill shutters and left pieces behind and melted a hole in the OBD port for what I assume was his access port- but didn't trade it in with the access port and it sold for $28,995 within 2 weeks of being on the lot, which I thought was crazy- I don't know why they suddenly have such a demand up here but they do-

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,034 Posts
I see several STs in the town I live, and hometown in NC. So far PFL red, different blues, white, black, yellow, tangerine over the last couple years

My wife thinks gray beard is sexy so I keep it. 😎
Not quite 50, most other drivers are younger then me. Mix of folks that wave or want to talk getting gas, etc.

If Ford relaunched the LTD and made an ST version, would it then be a STD? 🤔

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dude hot hatches are such fun cars, and like I said earlier I've been driving them and other tuned cars for a couple decades now, who cares if you get weird looks for being the old guy in the "young" persons car- it's all about the drive and having fun! Either way in 10 years I'm going to be the old guy who still drives a combustion engine, when we are all phased out driving boring electric cars...I guess it'll keep the theme rolling lol

·
Registered
'17 ST
30 Posts
I see several STs in the town I live, and hometown in NC. So far PFL red, different blues, white, black, yellow, tangerine over the last couple years

My wife thinks gray beard is sexy so I keep it. 😎
Not quite 50, most other drivers are younger then me. Mix of folks that wave or want to talk getting gas, etc.

If Ford relaunched the LTD and made an ST version, would it then be a STD? 🤔
I had a '79 LTD about 24 year's ago lol, it was some kind of light/faded green color. Had the 4 barrel carb. and factory cb radio under the dash. Man she was a beast and would suck the fuel down when all 4 barrels opened.
I've seen atleast 8 different st's in my NC hometown and my current city.
Sorry just wanted to comment about the LTD. 🤣

·
Registered
553 Posts
The best was we were on the highway, this kid in a Honda with the Fart cannon pulls up next to me, turns and looks.
He sees my wife sound asleep with her mouth open and I look at him with my white beard, shaved head with thick glasses.

He's look was WTF!!, we are both 60

• Haha
Reactions: W4R and Chris L.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3 (Black)
124 Posts
2 PFL models too! Love it!

35 here, had my ST since 26 and been drooling over it since the old ford facebook page for it at 24 😂

I love how multi-generational we are on this forum, and there is definitely something special socially about people who pick the ST (or RS) platforms in this last decade. I have seen it here in NY many times. Fiestas are rare, and the RS I've seen a handful of times, but I have seen maybe 10-15 times an ST and it's always a fun time with smiles waves thumbs up, devil horns, or whatever!

Had a Red ST with mods come up next on 2 lane traffic with some 30mph type jam, and rolled the windows down and we talked for like 5 minutes. Then some jack-ass McNeedsToGet10FeetFartherInTraffic was honking because we were hanging and driving slow together and the fellow ST guy got mad and revved his engine with some pops. Not my move to make, but was the first time I heard an ST pop from a tune! Wasn't me so I enjoyed the traffic humor/frustration. lol

I even also remember when I JUST got my car (after that big Hurricane hit NY... man I was so worried for my literally 2 day old ST), only had it for about a week, and driving home there was a guy and his girl or sister driving a Nissan Z (350 pretty sure) and came up, rolled the window down, said the car looks amazing and asked if he could test it with a race. He pulled away pretty quickly after I hanged through most of 3rd, but he really liked the car and was genuinely happy to see a new addition to the "enthusiast" cars in the wild.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts