Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work today i hit a red light with an open road in front of me, and a pretty nice looking mini cooper WORXs pulls up next to me and gives a little burble of the throttle and a nod. I thustly nod as well while holding down my traction control button for 5 seconds. I control throttle in order to not spin though 1st, and let it slid upon breaking loose in second when the boost fully saturates. i only really had enough space to get half way through 3rd about 70 mph, but by that point i was already a car and half ahead. I was a little disappointed in my opponent as i slowed back down to 45...unhappy with his loss to probably the dirtiest looking ST on the road he did the classic ricer fly by.

by the way my car has 66k miles...prob has never been tuned up (just bought it 1000 miles ago) and the only mod is a aftermarket cone filter to replace the paper one.

PS im taking donations anyone wanting to get rid of any bolt-ons let me know :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
On my way to work today i hit a red light with an open road in front of me, and a pretty nice looking mini cooper WORXs pulls up next to me and gives a little burble of the throttle and a nod. I thustly nod as well while holding down my traction control button for 5 seconds. I control throttle in order to not spin though 1st, and let it slid upon breaking loose in second when the boost fully saturates. i only really had enough space to get half way through 3rd about 70 mph, but by that point i was already a car and half ahead. I was a little disappointed in my opponent as i slowed back down to 45...unhappy with his loss to probably the dirtiest looking ST on the road he did the classic ricer fly by.

by the way my car has 66k miles...prob has never been tuned up (just bought it 1000 miles ago) and the only mod is a aftermarket cone filter to replace the paper one.

PS im taking donations anyone wanting to get rid of any bolt-ons let me know :)
This should have probably went in the "Focus ST vs the Competition" sub-forum and not in the discussions, but yeah Minis are slow as dirt. Nice to see one wanted to play and you showed him up though, that's always something I enjoy doing to others in my Focus.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This should have probably went in the "Focus ST vs the Competition" sub-forum and not in the discussions, but yeah Minis are slow as dirt. Nice to see one wanted to play and you showed him up though, that's always something I enjoy doing to others in my Focus.
You must never see them go around the track before!! They are go karts!!! But straight line racing very slow lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
You must never see them go around the track before!! They are go karts!!! But straight line racing very slow lol
I autoX'd with one once and it definitely looked like it was on rails slinging back and forth but the driver was inexperienced so each time she had rear corner liftoff she would spin out. I think she did it 3 times.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I autoX'd with one once and it definitely looked like it was on rails slinging back and forth but the driver was inexperienced so each time she had rear corner liftoff she would spin out. I think she did it 3 times.
Yeah that is why! I rode in a supercharged mini on the AutoX course, damn that thing stuck and flew out of corners!!

Reactions: brian60
1 - 6 of 6 Posts