Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shown below is a graph from one of my customer vehicles doing a 1-4th gear run to highlight the lack of cooling efficiency with the stock intercooler. Note its shown in Celsius, it starts at 14.86C and ends up at 52.02C = 58.74F to 126F.
Ambient was 48 degrees.

If anyone was curious why my ST is being used in a production run of our incoming upgraded intercoolers this is it.

3.jpg

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wow! Lately I've been killing the battery on my phone just reading all the wonderful work you've done Torrie. I'm glad to be a part of this forum, and glad to have the support you offer available with such great response, reliability, and customer satisfaction. No brainier for me, I'll be following closely and purchasing your items in the near future! Just want to say my first thanks now before the countless others to come from me!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem and thank you. My goal has always been to bring to market things that work positively for this powertrain.

·
Registered
448 Posts
^^^^^^^^ what he said^^^^^^^^^

you drive a Focus?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Right with you guys...... :agree:

·
Registered
448 Posts
So is cobbs fmic a crock bc it says theres is 100 degrees cooler air charge temp
Hey man, if you think Torrie is going to comment on another tuners "anything", not going to happen, Torrie has too much class for that kind of stuff

you drive a Focus?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
So is cobbs fmic a crock bc it says theres is 100 degrees cooler air charge temp
Not suggesting either is better,

Cobb NEVER lies about a product. Too well know, and if you have a question about their air charge temps, ask ms3 forums. They ALL run them.

Good work Torrie.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Torrie, what do you think is the acceptable temperature range for what the intercooler should provide?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You don't know what kind of conditions Cobb was doing their testing under.. it' might not have been a simple 1-4th gear pull... so there is no way you can judge Cobb's claims from this information...

·
Registered
448 Posts
You don't know what kind of conditions Cobb was doing their testing under.. it' might not have been a simple 1-4th gear pull... so there is no way you can judge Cobb's claims from this information...
Hey, I'm sure I broke several local ordinances with that simple 1-4 pull!

you drive a Focus?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hey, I'm sure I broke several local ordinances with that simple 1-4 pull!

you drive a Focus?
I'm sure you did... ;)

I'm just saying you can't take this data to try and invalidate someone else's claims when you don't know the test criteria that those claims were based on...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts