Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any options for upgrading the tubing for the Intake. I dont want to buy a whole intake just the bigger tubing for better air flow.

Am I better of just going to home depot and Making something or are there any options?

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
2,771 Posts
No MAF sensor, no more power without tune.

Metal "upgrade" tube, more heat transfer from engine bay, worse. If you simply want more noise, better.

It's said the stock intake is good for 350 HP. Just need a high flow filter. AEM driflow or favorite brand oiled.

There are a number of aftermarket intake options, search for different experiences here. I tried the JBR and cannot recommend it due to fit issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No MAF sensor, no more power without tune.

Metal "upgrade" tube, more heat transfer from engine bay, worse. If you simply want more noise, better.

It's said the stock intake is good for 350 HP. Just need a high flow filter. AEM driflow or favorite brand oiled.

There are a number of aftermarket intake options, search for different experiences here. I tried the JBR and cannot recommend it due to fit issues.
Thanks, yes this would be purely cosmetic/noise for the engine bay. I can't justify 300$+ for a cosmetic. Was just curious if there wad tubing for less then the ebay 190$

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: thadarkjinja

·
Vendor
807 Posts
I'll be honest here, if you are stock turbo you can leave the tubing alone the airflow the stock turbo needs is not an issue. The oem composite material does a great job at keeping out HEAT.

Aluminum will heat soak the air charge going into the turbo as the engine bay has a constant heat so the aluminum doesn't cool and does heat transfer to the air charge.

Just do a drop in green filter and leave it alone :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts