Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had the Boomba 100% to atmosphere BOV for a couple years now, finally getting sick of it to the point of putting the stock recirculation valve back on. Dug around and found that box again only to find that the spring is missing. I've been combing parts diagrams for an hour now and have had no luck finding that part to order. Can't even find the stock recirc valve as a whole in those diagrams.
Any recommendations or suggestions? If I can get a spring that will serve the purpose from a hardware store even I'd be fine with that if I can get enough info to match something up with some accuracy. That's assuming that route could be a safe alternative. Someone tell me if that's being stupid I'm not the most knowledgeable on turbos. Just trying to get this swap knocked out while I've got some down time to do it!

Thanks for any and all help!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,421 Posts
I'm not sure I'd try to just match the spring as it's going to be dealing with a lot of heat, and I would expect the stock spring to be heat treated differently (and be of a different metallurgical make-up) than a common hardware-store spring.

Why not pick up a Mountune BPV and use that? I have one on my car and it works very well a holding pressure and doesn't have the annoying (IMO) PSSHHHHH I hear all the time from Subarus and other turbo cars on the road.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Same here, I have the Mountune unit.

·
Registered
2014 MK3 FoST MRX EFR Turbo Tangerine Scream (German Built)
301 Posts
If you like play with springs based on your boost output than check out Forge. they have green and blue spring. Had them on my previous cars.

Best option like others have said just get the mountune recirc. I have been using mountune for nearly 100K kms. Its a fit and forget recirc and is the go to on all their performance packages from base right up to the RS500.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Is there any benefit to this uprated Mountune Recirc Valve (PN 2226-TRV-AA) on a mostly stock Focus ST? A friend of mine asked me to help him post a new Ford Motorsport recirc valve he had for the Focus RS that he used to have (which looks similar to the 2226-TRV-AA) and it's such a high quality part. Just holding it makes me want to install the equivalent into my 2017 ST. Would that be a waste of money?

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
I have a Mountune on my 2013 - just purchased/installed recently and it is a nicely made part. I believe the stock recirc valve is only available as part of the turbo assembly. I was thinking that I had kept the parts of my stock one (which was just fine after 113,000 miles btw), but I believe they are now in the trash. :cautious:

·
Registered
55 Posts
A bit of an anecdote in regards to an upgraded BPV, my stock recirc valve failed at 35k with no modifications to the car at the time. I would say just stick with the stock recirc valve unless it fails, which is unlikely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts