Ford Focus ST Forum banner
201 - 220 of 233 Posts

· Registered
318 Posts
That looks great! I am curious to find out which part of the exhaust side was the most restrictive the big hole or the valves.

· Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Any updates?

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
so we finally have some updates!!!!

we got @fifthofbourbon 's head finished up with the +1 valves and we have some great results!!! The redline on the graph below represents the max lift of the stock exhaust cam so show you where you wont benefit any further without more lift. Now this is just the exhaust side but we will have intake side results very shortly.

Text Line Parallel Slope Plot

· Registered
2,752 Posts
so we finally have some updates!!!!

we got @fifthofbourbon 's head finished up with the +1 valves and we have some great results!!! The redline on the graph below represents the max lift of the stock exhaust cam so show you where you wont benefit any further without more lift. Now this is just the exhaust side but we will have intake side results very shortly.

View attachment 87478
Maybe i really am THAT far out of the know-how... but what does the exactly translate to, outside of just CFM being increased by 50%?

· Registered
2,087 Posts
Maybe i really am THAT far out of the know-how... but what does the exactly translate to, outside of just CFM being increased by 50%?
Assuming you know of the effects of the CFM being increased, they've reached the limit that the exhaust ports can flow with the lift provided by the stock cam. The cam lobes actuate the valve, the amount that the valve opens from this is called lift. They have reached the limit on how much air can be pushed around the valve with that amount of lift. To get more flow you would have to swap in a cam that will open the valve more(more lift) to allow more airflow.

Edit-CFM being increased means the cylinder head has greater airflow. More airflow + more fuel = more power

201 - 220 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.