Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has their oem front struts and endlinks laying around let me know. I've had front-end suspension problems for months now and no garage or machanic can figure it out... Time to start throwing parts at it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What issues, if i may be so bold as to ask here?
Well I feel like every bump and crack in the road and my handelimg feels like it's suffered. I'll get a verbal knocking noise SOMETIMES when going over small bumps that are close together, like gravel. I've had it to several garages, including my dealership and not a single person can find the problem, or even identify that one is there. It's been an absolute nightmare

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be my adjustable endlinks were too long. I adjusted them so the sway bar wasnt contacting anything and havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had one of my OEM endlinks making a fairly loud clunk over bumps and imperfections in the road. There was only a tiny amount of play in the ball joint and it was almost impossible to reproduce the sound when the car was stationary. I finally figured it out while lying under the car with the suspension fully loaded and having a friend push up and down on the opposite side front quarter panel.

The noise seemed out of proportion to the small amount of slop in the joint, but it went away completely when I replaced it. Only cost me $15 CDN for a new one, so I bought two for when the other side fails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts