Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question from a noob, got my COBB AP V3 Stage 1 91oct tune, but randomly thought what if I got a stage 1 tune or similar to run E85? I have a local gas station that serves it so it caught my attention. Any ideas, or what you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
E85 is great. I've been running it for a few months now. It dies less in the top end where the turbo starts to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
E30 is all I run unless I go on a road trip. Been using it for about 30k but then again the E85 station is a few minutes away by the grocery store I use. When my fuel light comes on I add 2.6 gallons of E85 and 7.4 of 93 octane. Car runs very smooth. However I back it up with WMI using Torries E30 Tune. I did not modify the tune for the WMI.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Those who run the e30 tune/E85...what's your MPG generally? I've got a couple of stops in the area with E85 so I'm curious as well.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The reason you can't run (so they say) straight E85 is because the high pressure pump to the direct injectors has trouble maintaining proper fuel pressure beyond E50.

You can get the same performance out of water/methanol injection. Once dialed-in you should see 20+ degrees of advance. I saw 26 degrees on my 101.96 pass (after being off for over an hour) but it dropped to 16-17 degrees once coolant temps hit 210 degrees, that's on E40 and two revisions.

What does that mean? On the street you might not notice but it's 1.2 mph slower at 16-17 degrees than at 25-26 degrees or about 12 hp.

I can't really comment on how it feels to run it out to triple digits on the street because I just don't do that. I can tell you it's about 2 mph or 20 hp faster than the fastest 91 tune I've seen or heard at the track.

Sig times achieved with just slicks and E40 tune. It will run low 13's, maybe high 12's maybe before the end of the year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts