Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about buying the focus rs air box cover wanted your guys thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
What is your reason for wanting to do this? It has been done, just curious of why you want to?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your reason for wanting to do this? It has been done, just curious of why you want to?
Well for noise and letting it breath. I was just wondering if it fits and how safe it is to do?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Well for noise and letting it breath. I was just wondering if it fits and how safe it is to do?

I believe it fits as others on here have done. You can always just take the lid off your stock air box though.

Sent from Hoth Rebel Base

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it fits as others on here have done. You can always just take the lid off your stock air box though.

Sent from Hoth Rebel Base
True I thought about doing that but is it safe to do it? Would I lose mpg or get turbo lag or anything like that?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I put the RS air box cover on my car, and at the same time replaced the stock intake elbow with a smooth silicone one. It looks great.

I went from having the lid off, sound is about the same, looks way better. The lid off looked weak to me after a while.

Neat mod for under $50

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the RS air box cover on my car, and at the same time replaced the stock intake elbow with a smooth silicone one. It looks great.

I went from having the lid off, sound is about the same, looks way better. The lid off looked weak to me after a while.

Neat mod for under $50
Oh okay yah I seem pictures and does look better with the rs cover. So would a k & n filter would work with the rs cover?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did it... Not sure if it did much, but I also did the snorkel... And having the lid off with a snorkel is worthless. Now it is only partially worthless ;). My main goal was to keep noise as I wanted to go back to paper as I've heard too many issues with the high flow filters... And our paper filters are actually pretty good. Long story short... Can't really hear it over my DP/CBE... And a full lid would probably be better with the snorkel.

All that to say... Do it if you want to! It's certainly better than lid off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts