Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a CNT Cat back exhaust last week. I have access to a lift a few miles from my house, where I intend to install it once it arrives.
I intend to keep the stock cat back ( if/when I sell the car I will bring it back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts separate, as the is the best way to get some return on the original costs)
My question is can I take the stock Cat back apart for shipment/storage with out cutting it? If so how many pieces can it be broken down into?
(I have not had a chance to get under the car and take a look at it)

Also anyone that has gone from stock exhaust to a CNT v2 cat back, what were your thoughts/first impressions? I wasn't going to waste my money on a cat back due to minimal performance gains
but for $375.00

Mods done so far since I bought the car new in February, COBB AP running Stage 1 91 octane map, CPE stage II RMM, green drop in air filter. Intend to upgrade intercooler in the nex few months.
I'm stationed in Italy and this is my daily driver (already has 6K miles on the clock) perfect car for here, only wish it was geared a bit taller,
its easy to run at 120+ MPH on the Autostrada.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you have to cut it. I believe right around the front cross member. That is the only place that needs to be cut to remove it entirely...I believe. Others can chime in to confirm where it needs to be cut but...to remove it, it does need to be cut.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It needs to be cut close to where it goes over the rear crossmember, preferably on the small straight section. That's where I cut mine

Reactions: fordboi415
1 - 4 of 4 Posts