Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Still a noob asking noob things. What shocks/springs came stock on the front and rear of the 13 ST? I'm finding little things around the car that have been changed by the original owner and I'm wondering if the suspension is stock. What color is the factory stuff?

Thanks. Mike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any way to identify which Bilstein shock by looking at it? On the sticker maybe. I'm going to get it up in the air when I get home.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes, that would be a score

Edit reply to ninja post: Sticker is your best bet. They are most likely sports, but I do believe they make the HD line for the ST too. They also make coil overs which would be stainless in the front and yellow in back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I can see, without taking a wheel off, is that they are B6 or B8 shocks front and rear. Can't see the last couple numbers on them to say for sure which one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it home and found that they are B6 HD shocks/struts. Reviews seem to be favorable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,061 Posts
Got it home and found that they are B6 HD shocks/struts. Reviews seem to be favorable

B6 are good with the factory springs; B8 for lowered.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
They are factory springs. The car rides nice. A little on the stiff side as I'd expect from a sports oriented car. Got an FSwerks intake tube and green filter headed my way. Looking for a used BOV to add that fun factor.

·
Registered
106 Posts
They are factory springs. The car rides nice. A little on the stiff side as I'd expect from a sports oriented car. Got an FSwerks intake tube and green filter headed my way. Looking for a used BOV to add that fun factor.

My first performance mod was the FSWerks intake tube and a green filter, good stuff. I still think that setup, combined with a Velossa/Steeda ram air thing, is the best you can get. The factory airbox flows very well, just replace that restrictive inlet pipe and put a good filter in and you're good to go. I've thought about replacing that accordion looking fitting with something like this to eek out a little more flow. I still need to install my ram air scoop, trying to find an intercooler first so I can do all my intalls that require the front clip to be removed at the same time. Why are you trying to find a used BOV? There isn't really that much money to be saved versus buying new, unless you plan on doing a more traditional BOV that requires new intercooler plumbing and stuff. The Turbosmart's can be had for $150 with free shipping on eBay. I bought the 50/50 recirc, but if I could do it again i think i would do the full recirc. This one is just too loud and obnoxious.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My first performance mod was the FSWerks intake tube and a green filter, good stuff. I still think that setup, combined with a Velossa/Steeda ram air thing, is the best you can get. The factory airbox flows very well, just replace that restrictive inlet pipe and put a good filter in and you're good to go. I've thought about replacing that accordion looking fitting with something like this to eek out a little more flow. I still need to install my ram air scoop, trying to find an intercooler first so I can do all my intalls that require the front clip to be removed at the same time. Why are you trying to find a used BOV? There isn't really that much money to be saved versus buying new, unless you plan on doing a more traditional BOV that requires new intercooler plumbing and stuff. The Turbosmart's can be had for $150 with free shipping on eBay. I bought the 50/50 recirc, but if I could do it again i think i would do the full recirc. This one is just too loud and obnoxious.
Cool. Glad to see that my little bit of research was right and that FSwerks is a quality piece. I was looking at used BOVs because I regularly see them for 100$...2/3 of new price and only used for a couple thousand miles. Like you, I don't want something terribly loud and obnoxious. I would like to hear it though. Always thought the sound was cool but I can see how a super loud one would get annoying after a long drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts