Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got in my car today to head to work at 5:30am and I start it and the radio is blasting full volume out of the passenger side speaker only. Volume control doesn't work. Tried shutting it off and restarting and same thing. Googled it and I see others have had this issue, but it seems to just go away and nobody knows the cause of it. Has anyone had it happen and know how to fix it? I think the ST is mad because I'm getting ready to trade it in. Lol

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
my best guess would be that it sounds like there is a problem with the OEM amp, if it was a radio problem then I would expect that the whole passenger side would work since the OEM radio only sends out a stereo signal to the amp and the amp handles all of the fading and volume controls through data commands.

when you turn the volume knob, does the screen show the volume level going up and down?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I concur. Normally weird issues like this are a loose wire connection, bad ground, etc. If it was before the amp, nothing would work, since 1 speaker is working, I suspect there's a weird connection either in the amp or after it. Check the connections at the amp, not sure how it's connected, but if you can undo to connection and reattach to verify good contact. The fact that it goes away makes me think it's a loose connection somewhere and NVH knocks it around. If it's inside the amp, unless you're skilled with circuit boards and know about amplifiers, I wouldn't touch it and just get a new one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts