Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

Recently, Steeda brought you the Steeda Focus ST Jacking Rails in a weld-in only application. I am happy to inform you, after several revisions, we are happy to announce a bolt-in version will soon be coming down the road.

Here is an article from SVT that shows the install: Steeda 2013+ Focus ST Jacking Rails Install

Make it easier to service your 2013+ Focus or Focus ST with Steeda Autosports’ new Jacking Rails (PN 555-5206; $139.95). Initially these were weld-in parts, but the company has just released a bolt-in version, so we took the trip to Pompano Beach to see how they install on our 2013 Focus ST project car. Steeda also offers jacking rails for 2015+ Mustang convertibles and coupes.
10-2013-Focus-ST-Jacking-Rails.jpg

We will keep you updated as this product is closer to release.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
88 Posts
I came on the forum to look to see if anyone had posted pictures of their install of these, and now I see there's a bolt-on version coming. Bolt-on would be preferable for me. How long do you estimate "soon be coming down the road" will be?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an exact time frame & don't want to back-in to something ... seeing how the last thread went, lol.

They should be about 6 weeks out.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
483 Posts
WTF. Now I have a set of weld in subs sitting in my garage that I'll have to pay money to install and I could have had these and just bolted them up. I'm a little disappointed that these weren't developed from the start considering it has only been a couple months since the weld-ins were released.

Reactions: campkin

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTF. Now I have a set of weld in subs sitting in my garage that I'll have to pay money to install and I could have had these and just bolted them up. I'm a little disappointed that these weren't developed from the start considering it has only been a couple months since the weld-ins were released.
Hello,

We apologize for the running change on the jacking rails - changes happen not only on the OE side but in the aftermarket too. Steeda would have come to market with the bolt-in unit given the opportunity.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
168 Posts
Steeda: K Guyz, want some cool bolt in rails like these Mustangs do?
Everyone: **** yea we do!
Steeda: KOOL! We gonna go develop some right now.
Everyone: Awesome sauce Steeda. You da best.
Steeda: Sorry Everyone. Bolt in is a no can do but here's some ****ty weld-in ones.
Everyone: But you said....
Steeda: It's the best we can do.
Everyone: Fine. I guess we will buy some Steeda. We trust you dude.
Steeda: Hey everyone guess what?

To be continued?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Scissor jacks ftw

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Completely understand your feedback - trust me when I say, we knew the market wanted the bolt-in units but at the time, we could not find a cost effective/practical solution ... that has now changed. If these were that easy to bring to market - other aftermarket companies would have brought their units to market when we released the first set of units.

More to come ...

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
106 Posts
Completely understand your feedback - trust me when I say, we knew the market wanted the bolt-in units but at the time, we could not find a cost effective/practical solution ... that has now changed. If these were that easy to bring to market - other aftermarket companies would have brought their units to market when we released the first set of units.

More to come ...

Best Regards,

TJ
Are any other companies offering something like this? As far as I know, you guys are the only ones. I don't understand why everyone is *****ing so much. People are never happy. I didn't even know that something like this was possible, the welding part doesn't bother me. It's just slightly more convenient to have bolt-on rather than weld-on. But ****, for $100 and a slight headache, you can have the weld-on rails installed and never have to worry about it again. And the benefits far outweigh the install headache.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
@[email protected] Please offer a 304 or 316 stainless steel version. i will gladly pay the up charge. otherwise the rails are going to rust out on me in 3-4 years

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Very interested in this. Glad I didn't go with the weld-in option. Sub'd

·
Registered
802 Posts
Eagerly looking forward to these. I was hoping they'd be out in time to do alongside my winter tire install.

·
Registered
660 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts