Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing the Steeda short shift arm, all was well until I had to place the circular spring back in its position on the black rubber washer thing, if anyone has any tips, please please help. Pics for reference. Inked20170904_174845_LI.jpg 20170904_174711.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah you'll have an easier time taking the whole thing out and doing it. Yes it will add some time to the job, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A strong grip and some needle nose pliers would do the trick. I placed the lower arm of the spring under the plastic and pulled the upper spring arm up enough to shove in the rubber section. Then I popped the bottom piece back in. This is really hard to do and you could mess something up, but it's an idea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a nightmare I did mine last night in the driveway holding my phone in my mouth with the flash light on, try that one on for size lol. I used a pair of pliers and pulled like hell and eventually it went but it took many tries. Don't despair though you aren't the only one that has this problem. I have installed short shifter kits on many vehicles, this one had to be about the hardest I've done. Take the console apart and get everything out of your way, much much easier wish I would have done it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts