Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it; I am in the market for an upper motor mount for my ST3 but I don't want a bunch of vibrations. The Steeda comes with two bushings so I can customize how much vibrations I get. My main concern is to get rid of the cold/wet weather wheel hop and the 1-2 shift bang without too much vibration.
Also, does anyone else make one for us?

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
JBR also makes a upper motor mount, and its going to be hard for you to get a real comparison over "I got this one and its GREAT!"

Few people get a second mount to try out, it does come down to customer serves and who you like to do business with.

JBR i believe also makes two different bushing firmnesses.

I have the TTR and they have been great to me.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What kind of information are you looking for in regards to our Upper Motor Mount?

You can email me at [email protected] if you have any questions you would like to take offline or if I could help put you in contact with a sales professional, like Rodney. He has the mount on his car, he is a weekend racer, so he will be able to give you both side of the story.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am looking at the JBR one myself, as they have a very good reputation and it is the most price competitive (aka affordable).

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm fully mounted with jbrs stiffest mounts. TMM RMM and PMM. The vibes are still there but settled nicely. Wheel hop is virtually eliminated, now ill just spin through 1st and 2nd.

If you like a quiet leisurely ride stick to stock or just get a 60-70 duro bushing.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm fully mounted with jbrs stiffest mounts. TMM RMM and PMM. The vibes are still there but settled nicely. Wheel hop is virtually eliminated, now ill just spin through 1st and 2nd.

If you like a quiet leisurely ride stick to stock or just get a 60-70 duro bushing.
Don't like stock. Like I said, just don't want the whole car to vibrate to the point of embarrassment. I mostly drive alone but someone rides along a couple times a week. Anyone have the Steeda with the softer bushing?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Don't like stock. Like I said, just don't want the whole car to vibrate to the point of embarrassment. I mostly drive alone but someone rides along a couple times a week. Anyone have the Steeda with the softer bushing?
Isn't the electric focus rmm stiffer than the STs?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I took action; I thought I remember some earlier discussion of these mounts a while back and sure enough I did manage to find several, both here and on other forums. Nothing against Steeda but there is more discussion on the Turbo-tech mount than them so I ordered one in black. From the comments made by people with the TTR mount I feel like it would be about right. I already have the e-focus rear mount and the two together will be good, if possibly a little high on NVH. I will update here once it's in, but since this is a birthday present my wife is insisting that I can't have it til my birthday, which is 4-5. Might be a few weeks!

·
Vendor
1,474 Posts
OK, I took action; I thought I remember some earlier discussion of these mounts a while back and sure enough I did manage to find several, both here and on other forums. Nothing against Steeda but there is more discussion on the Turbo-tech mount than them so I ordered one in black. From the comments made by people with the TTR mount I feel like it would be about right. I already have the e-focus rear mount and the two together will be good, if possibly a little high on NVH. I will update here once it's in, but since this is a birthday present my wife is insisting that I can't have it til my birthday, which is 4-5. Might be a few weeks!
Congrats. Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes, but not by much.
Actually, by quite a bit. Somewhere in here there's a place where someone tries to wiggle the center of the original MM with a screwdriver and it was moving everywhere. They tried to do the same with the Efucus MM and couldn't move it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, got my new UMM and took a picture. But now I have to stick it back in the box til my birthday on 4-5. :-( It's a beast. There's a dime on the table for perspective. OK, so the perspective is a little skewed by the wide angle lens, but not by much!
DSC_7771.HDR.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
RoachRage
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing