Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
The only thing that looks different is that the flex connector has been replaced with a piece that is smooth...which I guess could make a difference.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I haven't even looked in my air box yet. Is that filter different then the stock one? I usually pick up a K&N for my rides, and there are other performance filters. Perhaps that's one of them?

·
Registered
393 Posts
sounds nice prob the intake im buy i bought intake from steeda from my old focus

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry, but that's no different than the stock airbox without the cover. Mine sounds exactly the same without the cover. Looks a little better though.
My thoughts exactly, you can just take the airbox cover off, add your own K&N from autozone and its the same thing. Still only going to be drawing hot air from under the hood.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know if I would rush to get one, especially with Cobb and Bushur doing R&D. That and your probably not going to pick up much hp without a tune so I'm holding out

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That smooth piece isn't going to make a difference.
Well it could if the air amount it allows through is greater. It doesn't take much in opening diameter to greatly increase the amount that can pass through. Plus there might have been another bottleneck someplace, possibly the air filter connecting point. Who knows. Still - whatever it looks and sounds like - you'd need to see some before and after numbers from the same Dyno on the same day (or type of day)/conditions.

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
Well it could if the air amount it allows through is greater. It doesn't take much in opening diameter to greatly increase the amount that can pass through. Plus there might have been another bottleneck someplace, possibly the air filter connecting point. Who knows. Still - whatever it looks and sounds like - you'd need to see some before and after numbers from the same Dyno on the same day (or type of day)/conditions.
Agreed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts