Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a quick little review on the stayfresh pre-soak and the wheel cleaner that I finally got a chance to try out today.

First the wheel cleaner. I haven't washed my car in quite a while due to work, so my front wheels were pretty much black. The perfect time to try out a new wheel cleaner. So after reading the directions on the bottle (which is very hard cause of the black bottle and black lettering) I went to town. Basically it says to spray, let dwell, pressure wash off and enjoy you new clean wheels. Sounds good in theory, but I have yet to find a actual spray on hose off wheel cleaner that actually works. I mean you need agitation to brake up the caked on brake dust. But I tried it like they said anyways. So I sprayed down the first wheel and let it sit. While it was sitting I grabbed another bottle and transferred the wheel cleaner into it cause the provided sprayer sucks for wheel cleaner. Puts out way to fine of a mist and the sprayer is just too small...prob works well for a spray wax or detail spray but not a wheel cleaner. Grabbed the pressure washer and sprayed it off. There was still a good bit of brake dust left in the barrel so I hit it again and used my daytona wheel brush to finish it off. On the other wheels I just pressure washed them first with just water then sprayed them with the cleaner and hit it with the brush...this is how I do it all the time and for me works out much better. I do like the wheel cleaner however. It cleans very well and actually smells pretty good, and it's a cool purpleish green color. Would I buy it again....probably, but not to use as a wheel cleaner. I cleaned my foam pads with it after I polished the car and it worked wayyy better than any foam pad cleaner that I've ever used. Plus I already have a wheel cleaner that I really like and buy in bulk...and is dilute able. If I could get this in a gallon concentrate form and cut it myself I would highly consider it.

Pros:
-Excellent cleaning ability
-Smells good (for a wheel cleaner)
-Awesome foam pad cleaner
Cons:
-Included sprayer sucks (for me anyway)
-Kinda expensive

Now for the pre-soak. This one I was most interested in as I do foam the car when it's really dirty. I usually use chemical guys maxi suds 2 so I wanted to see how it stacks up. So I filled the gilmore foam gun with some warm water and 4oz of presoak and went at it. This stuff puts out some serious suds! Way more than the chemical guys stuff at the same ratio...and it clings alot better too. I didn't want to let it sit too long cause I was working in the sun but I think it does a good job. As I said the car was very dirty so what I did was foam the whole car down let it sit for a couple of min then pressure washed it off. Then I would foam a section (hood) then wash that area as I normally would(two bucket method, maxi suds as the wash soap) I dunno if this stuff was mean to be used like that but it worked very well. I didn't have to scrub that hard at all to get some of the stubborn dirt off. More importantly, at 4oz in the gun it had no damaging effect to the sealant I had on the car (sonax pns)

Pros:
-Loads of clingy foam
-Cleans very well
-Smells great
Cons:
-None

Overall I liked both of these products and would recommend both of them. I will definitely be trying out some more of stayfresh's stuff.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Yeah wheel cleaners all seem to be the same to me, I have yet to find one that does not require scrubbing, but that is just how it is.

For the soap, thanks for the review, I am planning on trying all their stuff here soon once I run out of my other stuff, but I too am a fan of ChemGuys.

522 Posts
@falcon @Stu675

Thanks for the review. We love the feedback, it only makes us better and change things fans question.

The label for the Wheel Cleaner for some reason did not come out as we expected vs. our other labels. We think its the color we choose for the specific design and will be changing it very soon.

We are talking with Kwazar about there spray nozzles as its seems to be very popular in the detailing community.

Our Pre-Soak is amazing and thank you for the review on that as well.

We are always competitive guys. If you see a price cheaper then ours, yell at us and inform us. Send us a email, we can beat anyone's price! We PROMISE!

SFCC TEAM!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The double spray kwazar sprayers are the shiznit, kinda expensive for a sprayer but worth it. I used to put my wheel cleaners in a 32oz pump sprayer but I felt like I was using too much so I just stick with a regular spray bottle now. I used the wheel cleaner again, and not on wheels again, and that stuff does have some serious cleaning power and you don't get choked out by the fumes. I'm temped to get another bottle and cut it in half and see how it works. I still stand by my original statement that it's the best foam pad cleaner that I've ever used...(hint hint new product idea)

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
@falcon @Stu675

Thanks for the review. We love the feedback, it only makes us better and change things fans question.

The label for the Wheel Cleaner for some reason did not come out as we expected vs. our other labels. We think its the color we choose for the specific design and will be changing it very soon.

We are talking with Kwazar about there spray nozzles as its seems to be very popular in the detailing community.

Our Pre-Soak is amazing and thank you for the review on that as well.

We are always competitive guys. If you see a price cheaper then ours, yell at us and inform us. Send us a email, we can beat anyone's price! We PROMISE!

SFCC TEAM!
If I have learned anything from making websites for people, and running a company with a friend, keep it simple. Word of mouth gets you a lot more business than any sticker will ever get.
Honestly your bottle labeling is my biggest complaint. Other than that, everything I have tried so far I have loved and think you guys have a great future ahead of you as long as you keep this type of work up.

522 Posts
If I have learned anything from making websites for people, and running a company with a friend, keep it simple. Word of mouth gets you a lot more business than any sticker will ever get.
Honestly your bottle labeling is my biggest complaint. Other than that, everything I have tried so far I have loved and think you guys have a great future ahead of you as long as you keep this type of work up.
We have switched label companies and the new ones are a big hit on other forums.

We tend to think its not whats on the outside of the bottle, rather whats inside :p

We are still cycling in the new labels hints why we are running a ton of discounts hehehe

522 Posts
The double spray kwazar sprayers are the shiznit, kinda expensive for a sprayer but worth it. I used to put my wheel cleaners in a 32oz pump sprayer but I felt like I was using too much so I just stick with a regular spray bottle now. I used the wheel cleaner again, and not on wheels again, and that stuff does have some serious cleaning power and you don't get choked out by the fumes. I'm temped to get another bottle and cut it in half and see how it works. I still stand by my original statement that it's the best foam pad cleaner that I've ever used...(hint hint new product idea)
hmmmm :big smile:

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
We have switched label companies and the new ones are a big hit on other forums.

We tend to think its not whats on the outside of the bottle, rather whats inside :p

We are still cycling in the new labels hints why we are running a ton of discounts hehehe
I may have old labels then haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts