Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received the Armor Sealant for one of the Stay Fresh contests and was excited to have a sealant for the car. This review will be based on my initial impressions as well as early results after being in light rain. I was able to finally apply the product on Thursday the 21st after a a good wash, but not a full detail.

Packaging, Bottle and Labeling:

My initial impression of the product from the unboxing was that the bottle is nicely made and the label and instructions are easily legible. The product contains short application instructions on the bottle. The bottle came capped along with the sprayer. I appreciate this, as it is much easier to cap the bottle to avoid leaks.

After the wash and dry I installed the pump sprayer on the bottle and on the first spray broke the handle. After a little inspection I realized that it hadn't actually broken, but just come apart, fortunately. I also noticed a tiny lock button on the side of the pump that was pushed in.
IMG_3260.jpg
Once I snapped it back together and unlocked it the pump worked fine. I just point this out because it isn't very noticeable and it could break the pump if you don't see it like I didn't. Perhaps some sort of instruction should be included.

Application:

My application of the product consisted of spraying and applying with a microfiber applicator, the product goes on much like a spray wax, and is of similar consistency, maybe a little bit more liquid so I applied it by rubbing it in small circles to cover all painted areas. The sealant leaves a dull haze behind as you cover the panel which I let sit on the paint for several minutes while I applied the product to the entire car. Once it was dry it wiped clean easily with virtually no pressure with a microfiber towel. I even accidentally got some on a window and it seems to have wiped away leaving no residue behind. After wiping the car down with a microfiber I did notice that the towel would glide more smoothly along the paint after the sealant had been applied.
image.jpg image.jpg

First Rain:

I made it just about a day before the car got rained on, unfortunately. But I was interested to see how the sealant performed in the rain. I didn't take any photos with the car wet from the rain, but the water definitely didn't bead like it did before the sealant was applied. The rain we had was light, with very small droplets, these collected on the car and would beed up and then sheet off of the car while it was sitting in the rain. While driving it just would just continuously sheet of the car. When I pulled it in the garage when I got home the roof, hood and the areas exposed to wind were virtually dry from the water sheeting off of the car. This morning after the car has had a chance to dry there are very few water spots on the car, mainly on the rear bumper where water collects and on the door panels, but they are much lighter and seem to just be dust left behind rather than normal water spots. I am sure that a spray would wash them right off without any soap. The other panels all still look clean even after the rain. Here are some post rain shots.
IMG_3262.JPG IMG_3263.JPG

Initial Conclusion:

The Stay Fresh Armor Sealant is product that takes minimal effort and time to apply an keeps water from spotting the paint and sheets off while driving. My car is definitely cleaner after a storm than it was before the product was applied. It definitely works as stay fresh indicates and I would surely recommend it to anyone who is considering buying it. I don't know how long it will last, but after one rain the paint still has that smooth, slippery texture of the product being freshly applied.

Finally, here are a couple product shots to close this review. Thanks Stay Fresh for the chance to try the product and I look forward to using it and others in the future.
IMG_3257.JPG IMG_3259.jpg

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Nice man. Keep us updated on how this stuff hold up!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice review. I didn't know it was in a spray form. I really like the move to sprays as it makes application much easier and faster. I need to clear out some inventory to try out some new stuff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree 100% with this review. I recently applied the @Stay Fresh Care Care Armor Sealant to my TB and after going out in the rain, I was shocked by how clean it stayed once I pulled in to my garage. As @sda3 said, the water beads and just flys off the vehicle when driving. This is great stuff and I will be using it often!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts