Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started this idea a while back on my old account but I lost access to it a while ago so I figured I'd make a new one with my return to the forum. I've mostly been posting on the many facebook groups as its much easier but I figured here would be a good location for a thing like this.

IMG_20171125_225203579.jpg

I originally thought to relocate the starter button to where the 12v outlet is, but then I decided on something crazier. I completely refabricated the cubby box infront of the shifter to accommodate the starter button. Then when I got my electric cutout I redid it again to house the switch for that. A few days ago I wrapped the starter button, and here we are today. I didn't take a ton of photos of the build process but I have posted what photos I did take below.

I am beyond happy with the final result. It might seem minor but this is one of my favorite mods that I've done to the car. The new location feels so much more natural.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What did you do with the hole that the switch was in? This is what I did. 7EA7DF6A-93B1-49CB-B6EF-F1ACFD9D2E0D.jpeg 6C085D5A-2102-4703-9115-DF31918667AA.jpeg

·
Registered
251 Posts
What a minute?! Is that a volume switch for the exhaust?!!!! I want to know more about that or if it's just a bit of humor.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Wait a minute, I have been to pat's auto garage store and made a purchase. However I did not see an exhaust volume button.

I too am intrigued, do tell us more

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
What a minute?! Is that a volume switch for the exhaust?!!!! I want to know more about that or if it's just a bit of humor.
In the first post, he mentioned that he remade the switch panel after he got an exhaust cut out. That switch controls the cut out's motor

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well I started this idea a while back on my old account but I lost access to it a while ago so I figured I'd make a new one with my return to the forum. I've mostly been posting on the many facebook groups as its much easier but I figured here would be a good location for a thing like this.

View attachment 293266

I originally thought to relocate the starter button to where the 12v outlet is, but then I decided on something crazier. I completely refabricated the cubby box infront of the shifter to accommodate the starter button. Then when I got my electric cutout I redid it again to house the switch for that. A few days ago I wrapped the starter button, and here we are today. I didn't take a ton of photos of the build process but I have posted what photos I did take below.
I would love to see what you did with the original starter button hole and also if you moved the USB connection?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I never really thought there was an issue with the stock placement

·
Registered
407 Posts
I hate how mine is hidden behind the wiper switch.
Agreed, it's harder to see and just looks cooler out in the open, like the mustang placement!

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I hate how mine is hidden behind the wiper switch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Enough to want to relocate it though? Haha I guess I just never thought it was worth it enough to want to do

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a variable switch for my exhaust cutout valve. I can modulate it between full open and full closed. This way I can have it stupid loud when I want it and quiet when I want to have a conversation in the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We don't sell this exhaust switch overlay as the switch itself is more custom. If you have a switch and want an overlay like this please feel free to email us. We don't check this forum account often so we may miss a message here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If anyone has questions on this you can feel free to email us for a quicker response. We will try to check the forum account more often though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts