Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp...
I just Randomly bought a Brand new 2017 Oxford White ST1, yesterday. Since I am a huge fan of being regular on forums for cars i own, i have decided to join and start a build thread. I plan to keep this car around for a while... Tons of information and interesting reading material is always at your finger tips when part of a Forum. This isn't my first car rodeo, Although this is my first brand new car, Number 36 on the list of cars i have owned.

AND.......So far I love it!

A little about me.. I have been in to building trucks since i was a little kid. I have jumped around a lot , Had a couple Toyota Pickups, wranglers, XJ's, and fords of all types, Bmws, Mercedes, and about 7 Nissan Maximas!
Starting about 7 years ago i decided to but together a fabrication shop. I started buying tools, and one thing led to the next.
I started building Long-Travel off-road trucks, exo cages for crawlers, and all sorts of bumpers, sliders and just about anything i could get my hands on.

Recently i got married and tapered off the full kill Builds and try to keep it to my personal builds and anything that doesn't involve tearing whole trucks apart... I have a Ford Excursion, and a Toyota Tundra now that have been serving as my Daily Drivers, but i needed something a little bit easier to park.
I do full tilt custom fabrication, but don't plan on touching this car to much. Would like to add a smaller sub/amp, maybe exhaust, some wrapping, tint, and any other personalizing mod i can think of..
Its fast enough for me out of the box, but i can see my self doing work after the Warranty runs out. Here it is as of yesterday when i returned from the dealership...I will post more as of some of my other projects as well! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Tire
This is my 1981 Toyota Trekker, Linked with, running Propane with a top mount t3 Turbo..

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
sweet truck

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeh man, for a FWD, there's nothing that handles like it...
Well maybe the ITR, but most of those are stolen, lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh man, for a FWD, there's nothing that handles like it...
Well maybe the ITR, but most of those are stolen, lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
yeah all my maximas were fwd.. inalways had them lowered, with sway bars and strut bars and anything else you could do to make them handle better.. and i loved those cars. this car doesn't even compare though. other wise i'm used to big stuff.. here are a few other vehicles I've owned/built.

and one my most built trucks to date.. started from a stock f150 and built into a fully caged, f-150 with an ls1, long travel front and rear.. that was a fun truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seen alot of data, and read many of threads to what i should do to make this car a decent track car...
Im no profesional, and i will always be in the beginner class at a track day..Just wanna have some fun in the car...
Pads, rotors and brake fluid are a must...anything else?
and what pads and rotors are the go to ones..
people keep saying Hawk, but i have seen different reveiews of each..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did my first two mods if you can call it that... lol

i de-badged it and added husky liners to it today...
also ordered a BOV...got the dual port one...ill see if i like it..if not i will just sell it...
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got a txt from the Tint company.. cars done.. did 35% Formula 1 Ceramic all the way around.. except for windsheild.. figured id go classy and not super ghetto like i normally do lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was super hesitant doing 35%.. since normally im a limo tint type of guy.. but man this is just perfect for what i want

also got my fog litht covers and Kompact BOV ill get those installed this weekend..
also putting togther a stereo.. i have a few things lying around.. kicker amps, subs, pheonix gold comp series components.. maybe ill wire up the whole car with some good qaulity audio.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice!! I'd recommend definitely upgrading the intercooler, as well as picking up a cobb tuner to unleash some of the cars potential. Shifter upgrades are very nice too. I have the boomba shifter/knob with solid shifter base bushings and cable bracket bushings and it feels amazing!

I also come from off-roading and trucks. Used to be into cars, then trucks, and i went back to cars. I still have my 2007 nissan xterra. Its built more as an overland type rig, but its got a full custom suspension (about 3-4" lift) shrockworks bumpers and sliders, hefty skids, 10k lb winch with synthetic line, some LED bars, and the list goes on. Its def fun having the best of both worlds! Happy modding!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd recommend the MBRP. WEve ran it for a while now and live the sound. Mountain curves to long speed high speed runs sounds great. Weather you tune of not I'd also recommend a fmic. Stock one is a bread box in size not even enough to cool with stock tune. I run a lite weight CPE. Took a 300 Mile run yesterday, fast mountain curves long high speed straight aways. Ambient temps 73 , charge temps never over 83. I run a stage 2 Raffi FSWERKS tune , working on dialing it in. Fmic is a must. Any way have fun.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd recommend the MBRP. WEve ran it for a while now and live the sound. Mountain curves to long speed high speed runs sounds great. Weather you tune of not I'd also recommend a fmic. Stock one is a bread box in size not even enough to cool with stock tune. I run a lite weight CPE. Took a 300 Mile run yesterday, fast mountain curves long high speed straight aways. Ambient temps 73 , charge temps never over 83. I run a stage 2 Raffi FSWERKS tune , working on dialing it in. Fmic is a must. Any way have fun.
has anyone else seens a loss of throttle response with the BOV installed?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to Baja about 6 months ago, to go riding with my wife..we do a little Dual sporting here and there when we can..I am way more into dirt driving then i am road driving... but here is a little video i put together from my trip to baja...
Not sure if yall are into stuff like this..

·
Registered
371 Posts
you did the right thing by marrying her! nothing better than being with someone that has the same passion as you do! More trucks and dirt stuff!! all in for you lifting the focus and off roading it! haha

I have not notice anything different with response to do bov

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you did the right thing by marrying her! nothing better than being with someone that has the same passion as you do! More trucks and dirt stuff!! all in for you lifting the focus and off roading it! haha

I have not notice anything different with response to do bov
yeah man she is awesome! we dig being out side and camping alot. and she loves riding she even has her own local group of girls or club..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts