Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

New to the Ford scene. Had BMWs all my life and just fell in love with the ST. On my 2016, just took it to the touchless car wash. When I can out dried and clean everything I noticed that there were stains on the rubber trim at the top of the door and the bottom where the window sits. Most likely from the soap. Any products or suggestions on how to clean and restore that rubber? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
APC try at 15:1 first, if that doesn't work try 10:1, should clean up just fine. Then put a dressing or coating on them.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That's the car gods punishing you for not doing it the right way! :crazy::smile:

Reactions: elyk864

·
Registered
18 Posts
20170330_091326.jpg So rather than making another thread, my question is related to the rubber mold that is around the door frame, mine is white but it 'dirty'. What is a good material to stain it white or clean it back to the white form? I was thinking the white wall tire cleaner, any ideas or have tackled the same problem?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Don't know what that is, never seen a st with it, but I would still hit it with APC. It is a go to for about everything from exterior to interior.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't know what that is, never seen a st with it, but I would still hit it with APC. It is a go to for about everything from exterior to interior.
That's a little disconcerting, I thought it was standard, car is stock. Is attached to the door frame where the door closes to the say the rear fender. I guess it would be like a car ding rubber bumper, if I were to swing my car door, the rubber tip would hit instead of metal to metal contact.

·
Registered
255 Posts
APC helped a little. But once I used Adam's VRT it was over :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cooper

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I need to tape everything off and do a really good cleaning, but Mother's Back to Black did WONDERS with just the little tiny amount I put on the door trim/roof trip pieces. Can't wait to do a full job. Need to hit the driver's side fog light valance too...somehow a white mark formed.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Adam's is goooooooood stuff. So much so, I've almost converts everything in my arsenal over to it. VRT is amazing, but may not remove what the op has; probably just mask it. For that, I would go with Adam's tire and rubber cleaner; it's pretty neat stuff as well and does a better job on these types material than an APC.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Adams is close to me, and yes their stuff is good. When you detail to make money though their stuff is just too expensive. I have heard Adam tell a customer he thanks him for using so much product for putting his kid through school, that you don't need tomuse so much at a time.
Wheel cleaner and Super VRT is about all I use from them anymore. Wheel cleaner is a good deal when bought at 10-15% off especially when you get a free 16 oz when buying a gallon as you can cut it 1:1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts