Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stage 3 91 tune from stratified. My mods are a CPe front mount, turbosmart dual port, green filter, and CPe quickspool catted downpipe. My buddy has stage 3 OTS tune CPe front mount, turbosmart dualport, mishimoto intake, and MBRP catless. From a dig I got him by half a car just because my launch was better and I have it at a higher RPM. And from a roll I get the punch but after I enter third he starts to pull and pass me. I heard the stratified tunes have a significant power boost than the Cobb OTS. Anyone else have this happen? Seems like more power in the Cobb

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a stage 3 91 tune from stratified. My mods are a CPe front mount, turbosmart dual port, green filter, and CPe quickspool catted downpipe. My buddy has stage 3 OTS tune CPe front mount, turbosmart dualport, mishimoto intake, and MBRP catless. From a dig I got him by half a car just because my launch was better and I have it at a higher RPM. And from a roll I get the punch but after I enter third he starts to pull and pass me. I heard the stratified tunes have a significant power boost than the Cobb OTS. Anyone else have this happen? Seems like more power in the Cobb
There could be so many different variables... Shift points, driver experience, blah blah blah, with a stratified tune your car should be running healthier than an ots tune they are made cookie cutter that way they can work on any focus st. But every car isn't made the same it could just be making more power from the factory. Put them both on a dyno and you will be able to see the difference, even vdyno would be able to show you a graph of when they are trying to make power.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I definitely felt a decrease in the top end with my strat tune. There was a huge increase down low though so I guess it's kinda give or take.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
exactly, @kshatt06 ... Doing pulls is only good to see what driver is better, do Vdyno pulls by yourself or go to a shop with a dyno if you want to compare apples to apples.

Street racing has WAY to many variables to really say "my car is better than your car"

I used to have a Stage 3 OTS and used to hang with all the different various cars in our group, custom tunes from different tuners. but yeah driver is most important mode you car can have on the street.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Remember: Stratified are very conservative. Until OAR gets negative on a newly flashed car, Stratified tunes leave a lot of timing on the table for safety's sake.

With any tune, until OAR settles down to wherever it will settle, you really can't compare apples-to-apples.

All the best,
Mark

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Remember: Stratified are very conservative. Until OAR gets negative on a newly flashed car, Stratified tunes leave a lot of timing on the table for safety's sake.

With any tune, until OAR settles down to wherever it will settle, you really can't compare apples-to-apples.

All the best,
Mark
:whs: Stratified tune 30 seconds after you flash vs Same Stratified tune with -1.0 OAR will be night and day. Way stronger once you hit -1.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts