Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '16 FoST and I'm looking to go stage 3 in these next weeks. I have a budget so far of $1500-$1800 and I really don't want to go any higher since I'll be on the factory turbo for a while still. So far I'm thinking of stratified tuned with levels intercooler. I have a boomba BOV and green air filter right now. Should I also change my spark plugs?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe you also need a different downpipe as well for stage 3. Otherwise I am also running Stratidied tune and levels intercooler and would recommend both. If you order the Levels be ready for some wait time. Ordered mine in the early part of July and got it last week. So it takes a while.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Cobb APv3 - $350-$400 (used)
Mount for APv3 - $15
Custome Tune - $150-$250 (depending on what all is wanted)
Depo Racing Catless DP - $219.95 (shipped)
Depo Racing FMIC - $350 (3.5" shipped) or $459.99 (5.5" Beast shipped)
Step Colder Plugs - $35

CNT 2.5" Cat Back - $375 (shipped)
Depo Racing 3" Intake - $164.99 (shipped)

In all reality it depends on your long term goals verse short term goals. Also, I would scour the Focus ST Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook page. If you're going to stay with the factory turbo, I would HIGHLY recommend a custom tune over a out of the box tune.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe you also need a different downpipe as well for stage 3. Otherwise I am also running Stratidied tune and levels intercooler and would recommend both. If you order the Levels be ready for some wait time. Ordered mine in the early part of July and got it last week. So it takes a while.
Argh....I'm still waiting for mine

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
You should be able to get there with your budget, but I would check that Facebook page that @HopnDude said, there are parts for sale almost daily. I'm doing a budget build myself, and though levels is excellent quality I find that depo makes quality parts for cheap, you might just have to mess with fitment a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
Apv3-500
Tune-300
Depo front mount-400
Catless downpipe-200
Mbrp- 550
Ngk plugs- 45
And if you want Cobb intake- 350

Total- under 2500 new it is completely do able if you save some money with the used parts you are looking into keep in mind the intake is really something that is not needed unless you just want to have it done. Look at what you want to do in the long run. Efr kits will require a different downpipe. The good news is that there are plenty of people here willing to help you and answer any questions you have. Call a company like stratified, panda, dead hook and they will be able to help to steer you in there right direction. If ethanol is something accessible to you you will deffinately make more power on. Call around, this is a pretty good group of people that want to see you do good. I have been on the vw forums as well as the cobalt ss forums and a lot of those people can be more of a douche and a troll than help. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think you need a DP as well.

I am doing the same thing. I refuse to pay the high price import prices for my little 4 cylinder. Still not understanding why everything is way more than parts for my Terminator.

Anyway. Just to give you a real work idea of costs here is what I have so far and what I paid

Second had Cobb AP3 $400
CRX intercooler kit with piping $425
Second hand Magnaflow dp back exhaust $300

So for under $2K I should have a nice stage 3 set up.

Reactions: glowingST

·
Registered
68 Posts
Doing the same myself, I recommend looking at the buy/sell pages and get used. I got my FS Werks intercooler, Steeda intake tube and box, and depot catted downpipe (picking up this weekend) for 350 total. All I need now is the AP, which will probably be the only thing I buy new unless I see a really good deal, and custom tune to finish my stage 3 setup. Good luck and have fun with the installs!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
How much?
Keep in mine you'll need to do this business through PM and also you should make sure you have the same/similar mods to what he is tuned for. If you run a tune setup for mods you don't have you could have issues and cause problems.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Do you need a CBE for stage 3? Should just need a DP, FMIC, and custom tune correct?
Intake, DP, FMIC, tune (not necessarily a custom tune..)

No CBE. I'm stage 3 and don't have a CBE

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
why an intake? Does the Intake really make a big difference?
No. It doesn't really. You can get by with the stock intake with a Hi-flow filter (like the green filter). It's just what is considered to be "Stage 3" in our cars. A lot of the CAI's available offer a Hi-Flow filter with their intakes for free (such as Cobbs)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am just wondering, why hasn't anyone mentioned the replacement of RMM? I think that this is a huge deal when it comes to upgrading to stage 2/stage 3. Just my two cents.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I am just wondering, why hasn't anyone mentioned the replacement of RMM? I think that this is a huge deal when it comes to upgrading to stage 2/stage 3. Just my two cents.
You're correct, it's pretty important. However most people with the newer STs already have the updated one that isn't THAT bad to begin with so it's not as essential. I still think it should be upgraded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts