Ford Focus ST Forum banner

stage 2 rmm shift noise

6K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  VenomousSVT 
#1 ·
Hi i got my cpe stage 2 rmm installed 3 days ago and absolutely love it.
Since installing i have noticed more engine noise from inside the car which i actually like, but when shifting i notice a mechanical knocking sound. Definitely not the same as the bang before just wondering if this is normal

#2 ·
We have a very loud transmission. Its probably just the clunking of the shifter linkage.

#8 ·
Yeah I don't notice the transmission shifter noises all the time. If you were driving with the window down to listen for motor mount noises you probably hear that instead. So I wouldn't worry to much. If you torqued the mount properly you should be good to go. Wouldn't be a bad idea on your next oil change to double check the mount with a torque wrench.

Send from another galaxy.

#11 ·
The same thing happens to me if I shift from 2nd to 3rd at 3k RPM. The whole car vibrates when the revs hit 2200 RPMs. My buddy has a CFM mount and his does the same thing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

#22 ·
im am very glad I found this thread... ive had some vibes that have been a little aggravating and was going to hop under the car and retorque everything today after work. Im going to check these bolts as well when i get under there.

#23 ·
Was laid up under the car putting on my fswerks torque brace and it started raining.. Had to hurry and get the car done so I couldn't lift it higher to torque the bolt between the 2 parts of the RMM but I did retorque the vertical bolt going up into the subframe and it did seem to clear up a tad bit of the vibes I think.. Checked the other bolts and they were in the right locations and nothing was rubbing. Looks like my noise may have been not having the bolts torqued to spec fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.