Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently my 2016 ST1 has a Cobb filter, rear motor mount, and Stratified Stage 1 tune. In the near future I'll be adding a slightly bigger intercooler and a catless downpipe. I want the bigger intercooler for better cooling obviously and I want the catless downpipe to be able to use the Stratified crackles/pops without potentially damaging my catted downpipe for emissions tests (California).

I'm happy with the gains I have from the Stage 1 tune and don't really desire Stage 2/3 gains. Now, would it be ok to use my current Stage 1 tune with the new intercooler/downpipe and still see the added benefits of better cooling while maintaining Stage 1 reliability? Or would it be better to get a Stage 3 tune with the new parts in consideration?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Just for clarification, are you saying that you plan on reinstalling your OEM downpipe prior to emissions inspection but will be running your catless DP otherwise?

My recommendation is that you absolutely let Stratified build a tune around your new parts. This way everything is tailored for your goals. Simply let them know that you aren't intending to eek out every last bit of performance from your parts and want them to tune you conservatively for the parts you have.

I think this is a much better alternative than simply installing parts and running an old tune built for a different setup.

Best Regards,

Brad

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
first off, you can definitely run those parts (a stage 3 car) with running just a stage 1 tune.

however, it is kinda wasting money as you wont be getting the performance you are paying for out of the parts you are buying. you would be much better off just paying the $25 for a tune revision from strat for the new parts so that they could be taken into consideration.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
**Edited** Nevermind. Stratified doesn't offer that anymore. Odd. Ignore me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts