Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. I was looking at Stratifieds tune's page and saw what is a bone stock Focus ST gain only 6 WHP with a custom tune?

Is this what normally happens with the Focus? The tq gains were significant as > 35. I guess I am just used to seeing flash tunes increase both HP and TQ dramatically as I come from the VW and Subaru world.

·
Administrator
11,816 Posts
Good morning everyone. I was looking at Stratifieds tune's page and saw what is a bone stock Focus ST gain only 6 WHP with a custom tune?

Is this what normally happens with the Focus? The tq gains were significant as > 35. I guess I am just used to seeing flash tunes increase both HP and TQ dramatically as I come from the VW and Subaru world.
It's the Ko3, its great for towing, thats about it, lol.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts

Do some slight modification and get a flash tune alone and you can see 50hp and 100tq gains. (Slight meaning downpipe and intercooler. If you run e30 fuel you can see another 10+hp)

Where did you see this on Stratified's page? You talking about the "bone stock" 2013 at the bottom of the ST list? That was done a long time ago I'm pretty sure and it is a better now as far as gains even when stock. Look at the one above it. The only thing that technically did much of anything for performance was the E30 fuel and the FMIC. And it gained 50hp.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was looking at that graph. I'm not really looking to do DP or FMIC right now.

I guess I'm ok with smaller HP gains as long as it boosts low end and mid range pull.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Yeah I was looking at that graph. I'm not really looking to do DP or FMIC right now.

I guess I'm ok with smaller HP gains as long as it boosts low end and mid range pull.
The torque will certainly make the difference you desire. You could also still do the E30 tune if you have flex fuel or E85 fuel anywhere nearby. You simply mix a few gallons of it into a tank of 93 octane and you can see huge gains.

A stock E30 ST can be equivalent to a Stage 3 93 octane ST a lot of times. And it doesn't require any additional parts. Though I'd recommend one step colder spark plugs.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The torque will certainly make the difference you desire. You could also still do the E30 tune if you have flex fuel or E85 fuel anywhere nearby. You simply mix a few gallons of it into a tank of 93 octane and you can see huge gains.

A stock E30 ST can be equivalent to a Stage 3 93 octane ST a lot of times. And it doesn't require any additional parts. Though I'd recommend one step colder spark plugs.
Nailed it. Do yourself a favor and go E30. I waited far too long to go e30 and thankfully I have a pump right next to my work so it's perfect. Aside from the significant performance gains, it's also less prone to knock (more safe) believe it or not.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
E30, as delivered on slicks = [email protected]
E30 same as above + wastegate adjustment = [email protected]
Add down pipe = [email protected] (102.67 best trap)

Compare -

Motor Trend test of MP275 Mountune car that ran [email protected] on 91 octane.

Car & Driver Cobb Stage 3 on 93 octane = [email protected]

First mod was E30 because 91 octane is horrible. Then I got water-methanol injection. Still ran [email protected] would have ran 100+ if I short shifted 3-4 which I tried later and have run 100+ mph every since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts