Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I really could do with a bit of help as my focus has been acting up.
Esp light comes on, turn engine back off wait 5 mins and it usually disappears. When driving it's in limp.
Occasionally eml comes on too but not every time, maf sensor was replaced a few weeks back, a genuine ford part.
Taken the car to a garage this afternoon and had it scanned. Fault code was u2023
Communication error.
Has anyone had this sort of problem before, I need help!!

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
683 Posts
It sounds like the dreaded instrument panel soldering break, do a search on YouTube, there is several videos on there on what the problem is and how to fix it, basically the main multi plug that attaches to the back of the clocks, the solder on the back of the printed circuit board cracks and needs re soldering, it looses communication to the car, which can eventually stop the car working all together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like the dreaded instrument panel soldering break, do a search on YouTube, there is several videos on there on what the problem is and how to fix it, basically the main multi plug that attaches to the back of the clocks, the solder on the back of the printed circuit board cracks and needs re soldering, it looses communication to the car, which can eventually stop the car working all together.
Thankyou mate I will definitely look into this, appreciate that 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts