Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out the best way to protect my leather seats before putting a baby seat in the back. I have a generic seat protector for car seat. Just wondering if anyone who has experienced this has had a car seat damage their leather or has recommendations?

91ibzkJPRVL._SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Definitely use seat pads and properly maintain your leather (should be doing this with or without a baby :)).

For seat pads, I use these when I have my nephew Car Seat Protector - RECARO Child Seats - Accessory . I mostly use them because Recaro. The ones you have pictured should actually work better/be easier to use.

For leather, use what you want (as long as it is a decent product). I use Chemical Guys products. Start with their leather cleaner and a brush. Follow with leather serum then leather conditioner. Seats look and feel great afterwards.

With the seat pad and leather that is treated (so not drying out), you should not have any issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice I just recently bought an st and baby is coming today. I've heard good things about chemical guys, will be ordering some today

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congrats on both! I have used those seat protectors in 4 other vehicles with leather and never had any issue!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Those work great, get a big beach towel or bath sheet, put under that. Kids are messy, expect food, spills, puke. (like me as a teenager) Towel can go straight into the wash.
It's worth it though kids are great!
Congrats!

Reactions: yaegerke
1 - 8 of 8 Posts