Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my car at 8:10 this morning...then proceded to clean outside windows while waiting for the kids to get into the car to head to school.
Oh, how did I know that I started it at 8:10 you might ask? Simple, my clock inside the car is reading 8:10 -even 20 minutes later!
Not only that, but it is stuck on "night mode", AND the map has the loading icon, and is not loading.
So at a stop light, I shut off the car, open door, and when the light changes, I restart the car, and it is now 8:32. Oh good, it is fixed, except that it stays 8:32 for the rest of my drive to work, and the map still will not load.
Other items of note: Pandora works in that the display shows Pandora, the song, and the progress of the song, but no sound.
Cannot enter Bluetooth on the screen...
Sirius XM seems to work fine...but still no map and no navigation.

Strange. Will try pulling battery terminal later today for 15 to 20 minutes and see if that changes anything, but if this is a sign as to what to look forward to with fully automated cars, count me out (of course, 1 big reason I purchased the FoST is the manual and I have ZERO desire for a fully automated car...) but just sayin.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just hit the Master Reset on the radio. Should be under General Settings as shown in the pic below: IMG_4120.JPG

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got it, thanks.
Performed the reset and while I lost all settings and had to re-pair my phone, all is now working.
I hope that I do not have to do this often...
Glad to hear you're back up and running!

Cara

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, sorry for the bad form... My bad.
Thank you for getting me back on track and saving me from having to visit the dealer... Much appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey, sorry for the bad form... My bad.
Thank you for getting me back on track and saving me from having to visit the dealer... Much appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Haha. No problem bro. Glad to hear it was a simple fix!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
all that work and the SYNC3 V2.2 release is upon us and already out online for manual installation....

·
Registered
420 Posts
You can do a soft reset but pressing and holding the power button and the right seek button at the same time for like 10 seconds. It is basically the same as turning the car off and back on again but a little more of a kick in the rear for the module. Also, doing this won't affect settings, pre-sets, etc.

Reactions: Toadster
1 - 11 of 11 Posts