Ford Focus ST Forum banner

ST3 STOA car going up for sale

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  8FOCUSD 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello community,
I love this car, but with a lot of research and crying over living it, my little man and I have chosen to change direction for us, he loves this race car #3.

He cleans it and maintains details at 12 years old. Wipes down the roll bars, always checking tire pressures. When it sits, starts once a week so the battery won’t go dead, and jamms to the music inside.

With a ton of tears, I’ve changed direction into my old dream into a VW Karmann Ghia. I have to list T3, it’s at 18k on the clock and will go. The investment company sent it to me with loaded calipers and rotors, 4 snowflake wheels.Those goodies will go with it too.

I’d like to see if someone in this community would want to take over T3, BaT has recently sold one. It is the same.

T3 is registered, insured as a street legal car. It does though have some emissions controls removed…;)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
GLWS!

I always loved the way Karmann Ghias looked. 👍😎
My mom's cousin has a bright blue one that he restored nice. Don't remember year, but mid-late run. He described it to me as the world's slowest sportscar. 😁
My favorite color was green, similar to the beetle my parents had when I was a little kid. We passed one regularly when we went to visit my grandparents.

#4 ·
So where are you located, and what are you asking for such a nice little ST?! That's very few miles on it (hard as they may have been, lol) and sounds to be in great condition. More info = more real interest... The right car might take over the spot I have been holding for a pretty epic jet ski. Just sayin'... 🤭 ;)

#8 ·
The car is located just North of Phoenix Az, I’m right off the I17. The only thing I’ve changed on the car is I had the hood re-wrapped, added a Accessport w/Stratified tune (this really woke it up), added the subwoofer system and powered up the display control that was disabled.

Everything functionally works, except for the AC, it has been deleted. There is no compressor or condenser. In its place is a HUGE CR radiator and oil cooler. The radiator opening is opened up and ducted in. The heater works great!

I purposely listed it on EBay a couple years ago during Covid because cars were hard to find. I put a ridiculous reserve on it at 22.5k, it didn’t sell on 2 listings the lost hi bid was 19.5k.BaT just sold the #4 car from an Acura dealer in NJ for 17K.

I’d like to be in the middle of the lost reserve and what the BaT car went for.

This is the info from the program fleet sale.

#6 ·
have you done a recent compression test on the motor?

#9 ·
I have not, I took it to my local Ford dealership and put up on the rack for a full inspection of the suspension and running gear. I SAW these cars go off track and over the turtles at speed. That was a concern for sure, there are bumps and bang moments underneath, nothing is alarming. I had them add the under tray, it had to be modified to accept the brake cooling tubes. The original maintenance records are still in the car, it appears they were constantly maintained.

The engine in the miles that I’ve put on it does not burn oil, there is a poof of white on cold start up. Rev hang seems a little longer than my daily driven 2018, that may be due to the exhaust. I’m pretty sure the cat converter is deleted. Power is the same as my ‘18, it will ridiculously rip the tires all the way thru 2nd gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.