Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a mate went in my ST3 with the Mountune 275 fitted he said it can't sound that good without an exhaust. The symposer was deleted from Ford before delivery but just found this little sucker in the boot area. Will report on what it sounds like with it disconnected

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Woohoo just about to disconnect. So nothing to do with sound through the system? :)

We have something called a "sound symposer". Look it up :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For what it's worth the european models are all electronically piped in. I wouldn't be surprised if the Australian market ones were the same way;
My sound symposer was removed already.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My sound symposer was removed already.

So that confirms my suspicions that the ADM models are electronically piped in much like the EDM cars are.

Unfortunately from what I have read about the EDM cars is that it is not a simple "unplug a box" like it is on the RS and requires some computer changes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Happy to do any test for you. My mate has an ST2 and he believes this was responsible for it. Can disconnect and see if radio drops lol. Maybe I need to look at focccus?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I googled the part number. Unplug it anyway and find out which antenna it is (AM, satellite, that one the government tracks you with)
Yes government starting tracking us a few months back. No plug have to snip wires but will do

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is the box responsible for it all on the RS: 20160719_100549.jpg

It's about half the size of the SONY amp and has a lot more than two wires going to it. I would be more inclined to think what you were originally linking is an Antenna like @moardots mentioned. Especially considering searching the part number: 8M5T-15K603-LB returns as an antenna. This forum thread suggests it has to do with the keyless entry: Mk2.5 (2010) Retrofit Armrest - Ford Focus Club - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

I've heard the electronic noise can be disabled through a tune, but that doesn't help you if you have one of Mountune's packages. Focccus may be able to do it as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep thanks unfortunately Mountune and Ford can't tell me what was really done in the tune or removed except for the shift light :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is what it looks like out of Australia, I uploaded the down under version :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Doh... I rolled myself as I put the round rubber 3inch insert back into the air box that covers the Mountune air filter and Mp275 and there is a considerable amount of difference with cabin noise now. I don't think there is extra noise being piped in now, significantly quieter... And apologies is an ST2, we didn't get the heated steering wheel etc here in Australia.

Sent from my S8 whilst sideways in my Mountune FoST (on the track of course ;))

1 - 18 of 18 Posts