Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. new to the site. i ordered a tuxedo black ST3 July 20th, here in wichita kansas, my dealer cant seem to give me any info at all on my order. i have read that there are issues with the HID headlights and that the release date of the ST3's is pushed back because of it. not sure what i believe. just know i want my car.. any new info on ST3's will be greatly appreciated on my end.. thanks all!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ordered my st3 Focus May 23rd and all I've heard is I won't see it until the end of Sepetember to the middle of October. However if I want to change the lights to the ST2 style i could have it a month sooner. I'm holden out for the HID headlights.....come on Ford put some thumb screws on the manufacture that is making those parts. My go pro camara will not help much if I get my car well after everybody else has their car.

Reactions: STdan and btd71

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
My dealership told me the st3s wouldn't be in until late november. So I opted for the st2 instead. I plan on ordering aftermarket hids for about 50 bucks.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well,heres the latest on my car , talked to Ford today and they say its "in production", whatever that means? The details were pretty vague, they couldn't tell me if it was on the line being built or if they just had paperwork, or if it was in paint. sh%t they are killin me here!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
ouch late November!! I wonder what the hold up is..

My dealership told me the st3s wouldn't be in until late november. So I opted for the st2 instead. I plan on ordering aftermarket hids for about 50 bucks.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
hehe.. to bad they didn't have webcams in the factory :)

well,heres the latest on my car , talked to Ford today and they say its "in production", whatever that means? The details were pretty vague, they couldn't tell me if it was on the line being built or if they just had paperwork, or if it was in paint. sh%t they are killin me here!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
No worries my friend, in production is what you wanna hear. If they told you that its in production on Wednsday it should be done by the end of the week... midweek next week at the LATEST. You can probably expect your ride mid-september, you'll get some use out of the summer tires after all!

No joke!! I just wish I could get a reasonable estimate, then maybe I could wait a little more patiently!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No worries my friend, in production is what you wanna hear. If they told you that its in production on Wednsday it should be done by the end of the week... midweek next week at the LATEST. You can probably expect your ride mid-september, you'll get some use out of the summer tires after all!
well i'm not gonna get my hopes up too high because i ordered the ST3 trim and I haven't received a vin# either. but next week sure sounds good!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I see on Face Book today Ford is getting ready to ship the new ST's....still bumed I ordered mine early and will be later on the list to see it, (ST3 problem). I'll be checking with my dealer tomorrow to find out any status and or vin number.

·
Registered
173 Posts
when i ordered my focus on june 2nd i asked my dealer to email me the DORA and it gave me a few numbers. one seemed like a partial VIN and the other i found out was an order number which i sent to a facebook user which was said to be able to give info on the whereabouts/ status of the order. natashaatford was the name i believe. either way i will be posting her reply when i get it

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
when i ordered my focus on june 2nd i asked my dealer to email me the DORA and it gave me a few numbers. one seemed like a partial VIN and the other i found out was an order number which i sent to a facebook user which was said to be able to give info on the whereabouts/ status of the order. natashaatford was the name i believe. either way i will be posting her reply when i get it
what trim is it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
St3 trim and the rep told me to contact her in a little while, later in September to get info on the build

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ford called and left me a detailed message today saying my ST3 should be built in the first week of october, also said mine will be among the 1st ST3's built!! hip hip hooray!!

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
yeah i havent had a single call from ford even though i was informed my st was the 12th st3 to be put into the database so im guessing ill be right with you in early october, heres hoping at least

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts