Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so here’s the skinny. I got into a little fender bender with my 2015 ST3. It needs both fenders a bumper assembly, both headlights and about $200 worth of Oem odds and ends. I’m going to have to fix it out of pocket due to the fact that my wife rear ended someone this summer and we put my 16yo daughter on our policy. So needless to say I’m scared to death to file another claim lol. But anyway I already bought the Rs bumper conversion kit with fog lights and I think I found two black fenders in good shape also. But the headlights is the next issue. Even from the junkyard they are crazy expensive!! Like $400-750. And some even have broken tabs. So I’m thinking of going with some of those cool looking ones on eBay or amazon for like 350$ a pair. Will they just plug in? I’m guessing not. Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Hey guys so here’s the skinny. I got into a little fender bender with my 2015 ST3. It needs both fenders a bumper assembly, both headlights and about $200 worth of Oem odds and ends. I’m going to have to fix it out of pocket due to the fact that my wife rear ended someone this summer and we put my 16yo daughter on our policy. So needless to say I’m scared to death to file another claim lol. But anyway I already bought the Rs bumper conversion kit with fog lights and I think I found two black fenders in good shape also. But the headlights is the next issue. Even from the junkyard they are crazy expensive!! Like $400-750. And some even have broken tabs. So I’m thinking of going with some of those cool looking ones on eBay or amazon for like 350$ a pair. Will they just plug in? I’m guessing not. Ideas?

If you buy aftermarket headlights for a 2015, they should plug in and work, but you wont have the self adjusting/turning stuff. They may require some adjustment digitally using focccus ap or something similar, but usually going from oem hid to aftermarket hid requires no such adjustment. Going halogen to hid does.

Yeah, i would totally go aftermarket in your case. Try to get something from a respectable vendor, like spyder brand or something. You would need to source and wire up HID kits as well. I tend to use Morimoto stuff from theretrofitsource or you could go LED from diode dynamics or Vleds.

Drop some of your thoughts in here, and we can help you sort out the options.

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Even though he has a 2014, @Duece McCracken has put aftermarket housings in place of his st3 lights before. Maybe he can chime in?
Well, as a ST3, i have done ballast and bulb swaps in the oem hids, swapped fogs to fusion fogs, ran TLF custom aftermarkets, and installed aftermarket HID and more advanced control schemes for halo light switching and such. Also have seen in person tons of aftermarket lights, and have a good circle of ST friends who buy parts like nobodies business.

So yes, good call. Lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I’m looking at these spider lights. First question is they say they won’t fit a RS. But I will the RS front bumper
And I haven’t looked at the plug yet but you’re pretty sure they will just plug and play??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you buy aftermarket headlights for a 2015, they should plug in and work, but you wont have the self adjusting/turning stuff. They may require some adjustment digitally using focccus ap or something similar, but usually going from oem hid to aftermarket hid requires no such adjustment. Going halogen to hid does.

Yeah, i would totally go aftermarket in your case. Try to get something from a respectable vendor, like spyder brand or something. You would need to source and wire up HID kits as well. I tend to use Morimoto stuff from theretrofitsource or you could go LED from diode dynamics or Vleds.

Drop some of your thoughts in here, and we can help you sort out the options.
You think those will work with a RS bumper on a at chassis?? And no issues with ballasts or anything you think??

·
Registered
962 Posts
Why would one go from the factory bixenons to another hid really, I mean you cant get much better then the xenons.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ok I see because the factory replacements are to expensive n you were in an accident. Gotcha. Lightcreationz.com does setups with demon eyes and halos and all for what is spend on just plain new OEM stuff. They start at 375 and up to I think 600 depending on the kind of setup you look for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts