Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got an interesting issue that I’m at a dead end on trying to solve, my passenger side headlight refuses to work. I’ve replaced bulbs ballasts and even swapped it to another car and everything works (signals, DRLs etc) but the actual forward light. It’s an ST3, Any suggestions on fixing this?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,943 Posts
So, for clarification, the forward light (the D3s bulb) did NOT work when plugged into the other car?

Id inspect the harness that goes from bulb to ballast as well as the internal wiring inside the housing that goes from the bulkhead connector to the ballast.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, for clarification, the forward light (the D3s bulb) did NOT work when plugged into the other car?

Id inspect the harness that goes from bulb to ballast as well as the internal wiring inside the housing that goes from the bulkhead connector to the ballast.

Correct, sometimes it will flicker on for a second or so then go back out.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

also I forgot to mention that there’s no light on the dash that indicates there’s a problem. Basically the car doesn’t think there’s anything wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,943 Posts
also I forgot to mention that there’s no light on the dash that indicates there’s a problem. Basically the car doesn’t think there’s anything wrong.
So i would think the issue might lie between the ballast and bulb. You can buy those cables used for cheap.

Could be wrong but the BCM cant monitor post- ballast.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A girl in a local forum is having the same issue. She found that one of the wires from the ballast to the bulb was intermittent.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A girl in a local forum is having the same issue. She found that one of the wires from the ballast to the bulb was intermittent.
thank you! I’m going to look tomorrow afternoon, I’ll try and report back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts