Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really new to the st and just car world in general and i am possibly getting a st as my first car and just wanted some guidance on the difference between the St1, ST2, and st3, any information will be helpful in this topic or just general st knowledge. Thanks!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Best way I look at it.
ST1: Base model No touch screen, base model sound system, basic seats, and halogen headlights
ST2: My Ford Touch screen system, Sony sound system with 10" sub, and upgraded partial leather recaros
ST3: Everything the ST2 has but fully leather and heated recaros and steering wheel, projector headlights.

I went with the ST2 as I wasn't a fan of full leather seats.. But I do wish I had the heated seat portion of them

·
Registered
49 Posts
Best way I look at it.
ST1: Base model No touch screen, base model sound system, basic seats, and halogen headlights
ST2: My Ford Touch screen system, Sony sound system with 10" sub, and upgraded partial leather recaros
ST3: Everything the ST2 has but fully leather and heated recaros and steering wheel, projector headlights.

I went WITH THE ST2 as I wasn't a fan of full leather seats.. But I do wish I had the heated seat portion of them
ST2 here. I also didn't care for the full leather seats...and I didn't really care about the heated seats, but the heated mirrors would have been nice to have here in Michigan!

·
Registered
388 Posts
ST2 here. I also didn't care for the full leather seats...and I didn't really care about the heated seats, but the heated mirrors would have been nice to have here in Michigan!
Oh yeah forgot about the heated mirrors.... That would be quite nice down here in Utah as well

·
Registered
420 Posts
You can also go to any dealer website with an ST3 and click on the Window Sticker Button. If it is an ST3, all the options listed at the top are standard, all the options on the bottom left is what's added with each package.

Text Design Font Paper Pattern

Reactions: Manoah

·
Premium Member
13,974 Posts
The newer ones might but mine definitely doesn't :p
I have a 13. My mirrors had fogged on a road trip. For the hell of it I hit the defrost button for the rear window and they suddenly cleared up. Either that is an odd coincidence or I have them and they are not marked.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I have a 13. My mirrors had fogged on a road trip. For the hell of it I hit the defrost button for the rear window and they suddenly cleared up. Either that is an odd coincidence or I have them and they are not marked.
My 2014 ST3 mirrors are sync'd to the rear defrost, so it's likely. Once I learned that's how you use them I made it a habit to turn it on in the cold mornings.

·
Registered
420 Posts
As far as I know, there is no button for heated mirrors on any ST. They are automatically activated when you turn on the defrost.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
21 Posts
For 2017 the ST2 package includes a Sunroof too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the ST3 package, for me the leather seats and most importantly the HID projector lights are worth the money. The regular halogens totally suck compared to the HID lights. You are much safer with the upgraded lights. Don't skimp and try to concert to HID, as most of the kits are a total waste of money and generally not engineered for our vehicles. On another note, SAT Nav is great to have too. Enjoy!

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I have the ST3 package, for me the leather seats and most importantly the HID projector lights are worth the money. The regular halogens totally suck compared to the HID lights. You are much safer with the upgraded lights. Don't skimp and try to concert to HID, as most of the kits are a total waste of money and generally not engineered for our vehicles. On another note, SAT Nav is great to have too. Enjoy!
Those were my two priorities also when buying the car. If either was missing I didn't want it. Several dealers tried to throw their ST2 package cars at me to no avail.

·
Registered
548 Posts
As I got older. HID's are a must, main reason why I got the ST3

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems like a lot of strange information without any year attached to it.
A good way to describe them would be:
2016 ST2 - no heated mirrors, no heated seats, no heated steering wheel, Sync3 with Android Auto (not MyFordTouch), manual adjusted partial leather recaros, HIDs, upgraded sound system with 10" sub.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts