Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets start off with the fact that im really upset with ford right now. I have a 2013 st1 and my headlight housings are showing these wierd cracks and they are all on the inside of the lens. Its looks terrible in person. I have an extended service warranty i purchased from the dealership and i have the optional exterior lighting package. Long story short ford wont cover them because its cosmetic. Like **** that i payed for warranty. Whether it be electrical issue or cosmetic they are not right and its nothing i did. Dealership confirms that cracking is from inside the lens and not from any exterior damage. Need some help here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
I've got it also, not nearly as bad as yours. It's just UV exposure to the plastic. Nothing you can really do to fix it other than replace the.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoping the warranry would kick in for this buy guess its all a scam. Maybe its time to lay some smoke tint on them yo at least make it more visually appealing

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah it happens unfortunately. Keep in mind you can wax/seal headlights which helps prevent this tremendously. Also, the option of getting a headlight film from Headlight Armor or Lamin-X is a viable solution to assist in UV protection.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Hoping the warranry would kick in for this buy guess its all a scam. Maybe its time to lay some smoke tint on them yo at least make it more visually appealing
Laying smoke tint on cracked headlight lenses might still be visible. Plus the cracking reduces visibility on top of the tint, and the heat could cause more cracking. I'd be considering doing something about it or at least asking Ford on it like you said.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
I would go to another dealership, if no luck there I would move it up the corporate ladder. You paid for the extended warranty; this could effect the light's performance and should be replaced.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Throw out the whole safety bit, you might get them to replace them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They gave me a number to call if i still wanted to push the issue. Unfortunately the dealer has no say. Wont be the first time i call ford to complain about this car

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
They gave me a number to call if i still wanted to push the issue. Unfortunately the dealer has no say. Wont be the first time i call ford to complain about this car
I would definitely push it as a safety issue; that cracking has to diffuse the light and cause glare.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I would definitely push it as a safety issue; that cracking has to diffuse the light and cause glare.
Exactly this. Like I said don't cover them with tint film...that'll make an already worsening problem worse and decrease output even more than the cracking already does. Have it pushed. Absolutely 0 reasons why this shouldn't be included in warranty...not like you put the cracks there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just called the ford customer relations number and was told ford upper management already declined the claim and that they have no power to override. I even aaked for a partial coverage and was declined. Ford doesnt see this as a safety issue. When asked to speak to a higher up i was told that it will not change the outcome. Really happy i spent almost 2 grand on extended service contract...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts