Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST, 2014 Ford Taurus Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took apart my front doors and pulled the OEM speaker, there were 2 black wires attached to the connector of the speaker. Both front doors were like this, but the rear doors had 2 different colors for each connector. I know how wiring works and so I am baffled as to why the front door speakers had 2 black wires in the connectors. Pretty sure the previous owner had aftermarket speakers, but it seems odd he would replace the wiring. So my question is this, has anyone else seen this before? The wires are also smaller gauge in the front than in the rear.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,166 Posts
When I took apart my front doors and pulled the OEM speaker, there were 2 black wires attached to the connector of the speaker. Both front doors were like this, but the rear doors had 2 different colors for each connector. I know how wiring works and so I am baffled as to why the front door speakers had 2 black wires in the connectors. Pretty sure the previous owner had aftermarket speakers, but it seems odd he would replace the wiring. So my question is this, has anyone else seen this before? The wires are also smaller gauge in the front than in the rear.
My front speakers connector (the white one) also had black wires on both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts