Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought my '17 ST1 new on 7/24/17....only have a couple of more weeks left on the 3/36 bumper to bumper.....I'm at 24,000 miles....only warranty work ever done to it was battery cable was loose from the factory.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Well it’s been a couple of weeks, so how are you liking the ST so far? I’m in the market for an ST or RS, depending on what Ford decides to do with my DPS6 Focus & how much money I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, it’s been a long couple weeks though the ST has been a fun car to drive.

I actually ended up getting laid off on the 2nd of July so it’s been job searching since then. Thankfully I should be receiving an offer this coming week! Glad to be back to work as a diesel mechanic again though 😀 I’m done being in sales for a while 😂

Back on topic though, I absolutely love this ST and can’t wait to get back to work so I can start the build 😍

·
Registered
99 Posts
At this point, Focus ST's are only available as preowned cars, so if you want one, you have to select one from what's available. The cars are all the same (mechanically) but for me- I really wanted the Recaro seats in the ST3 (and I'm 6'4" 190 lbs). I also appreciate the larger center screen, the footwell lights and the directional headlamps (which all came as part of the ST3 package) and the other features- but the seats are awesome, and hold you in really tight when you throw the car into a corner. I just knew I'd think about it every time I sat in the car. If that's not important to you, then an ST1 will make you just as happy. As a fellow gearhead, my advice to you is that you should not rush into a car purchase just because the car has low mileage, and may be nearby. Get what you really want (or as close to it as possible). ST2's and ST3's are available all around the country on the preowned market, and if the options are important to you, you may have to travel to get what you want- but buying a car is a rare treat, and is an event that as enthusiasts makes life sweeter. You only live once...
This is a really great post.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a st2 2014 brand new. Was not a fan of the narrow seats after a couple thousand miles and also didn’t like the Sony system traded it first chance I got. I then deliberately sought after a moonroof’d st1 just so I can have a clean slate Audio
Wise , updating to sync 3 and then using a pac audio sync interface. Going with all JL audio low mids high and JL sub. No remorse here. I’ve owned both. Having more fun knowing I can do what I want to my st1

·
Premium Member
2018 Focus ST1
34 Posts
I definitely have no REGERTS brother. I’m 6’4” & 190lbs and sit comfortably. I still have Apple play and am able to use my phone for GPS and music. The 3” back up camera has bailed me out of plenty of situations. My headlights are a whole hell of a lot cheaper if anything were needed to be replaced. 10/10 would buy base model again.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I might go this route & just buy an ST1. I can’t get over the prices on the RS. For the price of an RS, you could buy two ST1’s. And the ST is still a fantastic looking hatch that performs great! Plus the ST doesn’t have any of the engine or suspension issues the RS has been known for.

IDK, I’m back n forth on the ST/RS, depending on what day it is. A part of me just says “save yourself 15k & just buy the ST1 & call it a day......

·
Registered
97 Posts
I haven't read any of the comments above, but I have the Focus ST1 (2013). I love the car to death! Most driving fun I've had in 20 years of driving.

In my opinion, if you are looking at performance building and customising, rather save the cash and use it on that, rather than pay for the extra trim on the ST3.

If you're going to leave it stock, then you may prefer the added luxuries that the ST3 offers.

Motor wise/stock performance, there isn't any difference, so for me, it's all about what you plan on doing with the car once you have it. Either way, I doubt you'll regret your purchase.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bought my st1 new November 16.I could tell it ran and shifted better the cooler the ambient temp was.Over the years I have made under hood temps cooler.First I removed eng cover+hoodliner,helped a bit.Big help was removing the stupid grill shutters when I installed big intercooler.More recently catless dp helped a lot , made it sound awsome.I may go magnaflow highflow dp. Years ago I was thinking hood louvers.Glad I didn't , with these mods it runs + shifts good at 100 degrees ambient.I was running it hard the other day,100 degrees,stopped and lifted hood and a former fost owner commented , it's not even hot.Before mods I would have been hit with a wall of heat when lifting hood.With jbr rsb and summer tires it is a thrill ride to me and car says 28 mpg avg.I don't think I would be happier with anything else for money spent.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I just turned my ST1 into a ST4 so it's better than everybody elses, wish. Seriously though I wanted the ST without the options. I'm happy with my seats, don't care about the stereo and would have took a sun roof if available by itself. I did spend the money not spent on a few goodies though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just turned my ST1 into a ST4 so it's better than everybody elses, wish. Seriously though I wanted the ST without the options. I'm happy with my seats, don't care about the stereo and would have took a sun roof if available by itself. I did spend the money not spent on a few goodies though.

View attachment 381242
View attachment 381243
Nice car, that maxton rear is calling my name! Did you get gloss black or carbon fiber? Does that part separate from the rest so it can be painted or has to be masked off? The ST1 Moonroof I found one! Jumped on it about 2 months ago. With that purpose, already had those recaros not for me for a daily. The sync 2 hurt my feelings. Sync 3 is way better, but I went with a 2016 ST1 moonroof for the sole purpose of a clean slate platform.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
My Maxton was I think called matte black or something. Needed to be painted but you could put it on the way it was. It replaces the oem one that snaps into the bumper cover. My install is pretty custom and there is a thread on it that will give you a idea of what's involved.

I really ended up in my ST1 because it was the only thing they had. I was about to pull the plug on either a blue or white rs. I had driven both and really liked that blue but I was having a very hard time with a over 40k price tag cause I didn't need or want awd . This was about the 3rd or fourth time within a couple week period I was looking hard at the RS when the salesman said we just got a ST in thats out back if you want to look. I knew what a ST was having looked at them a few years earlier but wanted something with more hp just coming from a 340hp SRT4. I asked him what color it was and he said black, I drove it home that day. Before that day I hadn't seen a new ST at the dealership in a long time so had kind of forgotten about them.

Reactions: PokerRun388

·
Premium Member
2018 Focus ST1
34 Posts
My wife made me sell my 335i on methanol for my little mans daycare. So I got enough to cover a years worth of daycare in the good ole state of California. I talked the local dealer Here is San Diego down to $19,000 on the ST1. After about $6k invested, it has been just as fun to drive if not better than the 335i. I’ll take a $25k car all in with 300hp+ to the wheels & 410+torque. This car has exceeded my expectations. Save your loot and invest that extra money saved into the car. That’s my two cents.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts