Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

Registered
2015 Focus ST
love the name you gave it, 'THOR'. A friend of a friend also named his car 'THOR'... Its a Koenigsegg Agera tho...
He copied me lol. I've got the license plate coming soon too. :D

Registered
I realize that it sounds a lot better with new speakers and the fader set almost all of the way to the back.

Registered
Well boys, she鈥檚 a done deal! Super excited and thank all of you for the help

Mechdude: That鈥檚 a great pro-tip for girl grease in the seats 馃槀

CONGRATS MAN...:)

We wanna' see pics of course, when you get her home.

I love the name...."girl grease".....Hilarious

Mark

Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks Mark!
Going through a crazy dust storm at the moment (in Las Vegas) but I鈥檒l get pics up soon.

Time to start planning my build as well 馃榿

Registered
Thanks Mark!
Going through a crazy dust storm at the moment (in Las Vegas) but I鈥檒l get pics up soon.

Time to start planning my build as well

Vegas? Okay I know the car you bought... the black one w/snowflakes at the Ford Dealer. I actually emailed them about it & just decided to pass on it but it looked very nice! Have fun with a black car in the desert. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST
Discussion Starter #88
Vegas? Okay I know the car you bought... the black one w/snowflakes at the Ford Dealer. I actually emailed them about it & just decided to pass on it but it looked very nice! Have fun with a black car in the desert. Lol

馃槀 yep that鈥檚 it. Decent car...paint and body is a little rough for the mileage and age but I鈥檒l likely end up getting it wrapped.

All of my cars have been black out here cause I鈥檓 a glutton for punishment lol. Wife has an 18 Explorer in black, I traded a black MB S550 4Matic for this black ST 馃槀馃槀

Registered
yep that鈥檚 it. Decent car...paint and body is a little rough for the mileage and age but I鈥檒l likely end up getting it wrapped.

All of my cars have been black out here cause I鈥檓 a glutton for punishment lol. Wife has an 18 Explorer in black, I traded a black MB S550 4Matic for this black ST

The Ford Dealer in Henderson had a 鈥17 Black RS for sale recently for like 35k. It had 18k miles on it, which I didn鈥檛 really like, but I asked them to lower the price & they refused. Maybe you saw that one also?

The good thing about that ST1 is they CPO鈥檇 it so you鈥檝e got another 12 months or 12k miles after the 3/36 expires + the 7/100 powertrain.

Registered
Hey everyone,

I鈥檓 new here but have lurked for a bit and appreciate all the knowledge here.

I am about to pull the trigger on a CPO 2018 Focus ST1 with 16k miles. My only question before I do is does anyone have buyers remorse after buying an ST1 model? Would I be better served by waiting to seek out a higher trim package?

This will be a fun, commuter to work and weekend toy for me. Thanks!
I owned a 2014 PB ST1 until January 2018 when I got rear ended and totaled. The insurance reimbursement paid me almost as much as I paid for the car, so I "Upgraded" to an ST2 for my 2018 HPR FoST. Had the payout not been so large I would have gotten another ST1 without regret.

Registered
I owned a 2014 PB ST1 until January 2018 when I got rear ended and totaled. The insurance reimbursement paid me almost as much as I paid for the car, so I "Upgraded" to an ST2 for my 2018 HPR FoST. Had the payout not been so large I would have gotten another ST1 without regret.
This thread was about whether the ST2 and ST3 seats and infotainment are worth the extra cost over the ST1. What are your thoughts about the interior, now that you are in an ST2? Are the seats relatively confining or uncomfortable? Is the stereo / center screen vastly better, or is it not much of a difference, and worth it to just save the money? You are probably the perfect judge, since you moved from an ST1 to an ST2.

Registered
Never met anyone who regrets buying their ST1. I have an ST3 with every add-on possible, and the only thing I don鈥檛 think I could live without is the Sync 3 MFT system just for the interface and being able to run Waze without looking at my phone. That being said, if you鈥檙e big on audio, the base system is going to be far easier to work with than the Sony system. Neither the base or the Sony system are all that great as-is.

Registered
This thread was about whether the ST2 and ST3 seats and infotainment are worth the extra cost over the ST1. What are your thoughts about the interior, now that you are in an ST2? Are the seats relatively confining or uncomfortable? Is the stereo / center screen vastly better, or is it not much of a difference, and worth it to just save the money? You are probably the perfect judge, since you moved from an ST1 to an ST2.
Full disclosure: I am financially conservative.

When I bought the ST1 I focused on the daily-"driverability" and wanted the more comfortable ST1 seats. The big uptick ($) in seats for the limited amount of Solo and track time that I used to do did not seem worth it. Both cars perform the same, except the Recaros keep ones a$$ in place under g-force and look a lot cooler (I like the two-tone color, something you don't get with the ST3).

After the ST1 got totaled, the Boss Lady and I started liking the Recaros more, and that was probably the main reason for the upgrade (in addition to the big insurance payoff). Since then I've done more Solo and intend to do more track time with the ST2, so I appreciate the seats that much more.

The infotainment system is certainly an upgrade from ST1, but not something I really care about. I'm an "old man" (51), still enjoy reading the CD inserts on my albums to learn more about those to be credited with the tunes I like (no downloading the latest hits for me! :) ). Therefore I get less use from the infotainment upgrade than others might, but I respect those who enjoy the tech.

Two last things: The ST2 has a moonroof that the ST1 did not. The ST1 is minimally lighter for this reason. AND the ST2 has the subwoofer that the ST1 did not. The subwoofer makes a fair difference that (IMO) adds some real value.

Ultimately, by my "outlook on life":
Buy the ST1 if you are young and looking to save towards a home/family/kids' education/etc.
Buy an ST2 if you are more financially secure and looking to splurge a bit, but not to the point of an ST3

Winner: ST1

R

Registered
I鈥檇 buy a ST3 for the headlights alone. Halogen makes a car so much more dated and less fun to drive at night. I mean, retrofitting is fun but having the moving headlights and cornering lights is awesome.

Registered
I鈥檇 buy a ST3 for the headlights alone. Halogen makes a car so much more dated and less fun to drive at night. I mean, retrofitting is fun but having the moving headlights and cornering lights is awesome.
My ST2 has the cornering and moving headlights. Yes, they are fun too.

Registered
Forgot to appreciate the projectors... too sexy

Registered
yep that鈥檚 it. Decent car...paint and body is a little rough for the mileage and age but I鈥檒l likely end up getting it wrapped.

All of my cars have been black out here cause I鈥檓 a glutton for punishment lol. Wife has an 18 Explorer in black, I traded a black MB S550 4Matic for this black ST

Well it鈥檚 been a couple of weeks, so how are you liking the ST so far? I鈥檓 in the market for an ST or RS, depending on what Ford decides to do with my DPS6 Focus & how much money I get back.

"In the market"... That's the understatement of the century. PokerRun has been in the market since I joined this forum a few years ago. When he pulls the trigger, we need to throw a party for him...
Quoted for emphasis.

Reactions: PokerRun388

Registered
Went ST3 for the seats and dual climate control, wifey runs cold and i run hot. That alone was justifiable enough for my purchase. Good luck in your search

81 - 100 of 112 Posts