Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these two stereos that seem a bit interesting but seem too good to be
true. They claim to support steering wheel controls and its vague if they support the
stock reverse camera. To me it seems like its the easy way of doing a tablet install
if you dont care about what android firmware they posses.

Let me know what you guys think a second opinion would be nice. as for the tablet option
it would be nice to update once the Pixel c becomes cheaper in the future.

Product Multimedia Gadget Technology Electronic device

Product Multimedia Transport Technology Electronics

BTW here's the link
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Android-Auto-Player-for-Ford/806118_210930957.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.nXcmfi

·
Registered
8 Posts
They work on Any focus mk3 but you need an extra adaptor for the oem reverse camera to work. I dont think this adaptor is included.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
565 Posts
@julbart The one pictured is for 2015+ as the ac vent trim is integrated into the fascia, where as 2012 to 2014 used separate trim that snapped into the front fascia. So sadly this will not work for us unless they also make an older mk3 compatible kit, despite what the title of the product says.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I found a guy that makes his own kits for upgrading various Ford stereos he has YouTube videos nothing on the focus specificly but with a look his channel is called oemradio solutions. I have sent him an email about upgrading from the basic radio with sync to mft or sync 3

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought this - should arrive tomorrow. Will post thoughts about the quality and install

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N520HY6

Amazon Prime'd - so if it sucks, I can send it back hassle-free

2012 Ford Focus Dashboard Stereo Receiver System, GPS Navigation, Bluetooth Wireless, CD/DVD Player, 8’’ HD Touchscreen Display, AM/FM Radio, Single DIN (PFOCUS12)

Ford Focus 2012 Factory OEM Replacement Stereo Receiver System with Plug-and-Play Direct Connection
8.0’’ Hi-Resolution HD Digital Display - Touch Screen Control Operation - GPS Navigation - Built-in CD/DVD Player
Bluetooth Connectivity: Wireless Music Streaming Ability & Hands-Free Calling Ability with Built-in Microphone
AM/FM Radio with 30 Station Memory - Micro SD Memory Card Reader - USB Flash Memory Reader (Mini-B)
Single DIN Size Standard - No Additional Installation Cables/Wires Necessary - Integrated CAN-Bus Controller

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found the same guy, bought a sync3 from totaled ST3 for $500 and got a harness from OEM Radio solutions for $120, this harness works in ford fusions upgrades from Sync basic to Sync 3; however it needs some modifications to work with the focus. OEMradio usually charges $140, but gave me the discount since I have to mod it. OEMradio told me he will send me the diagram and will help me with the mods. He is a very nice guy, but is very busy, so I am waiting for him to help me with the info for the modifications. I will let you know how it works out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts